Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Framing for Triangle/Trapazoid windows
------------------------------------- I'm wondering about the framing of Triangle/Trapazoid windows in gable end walls and gable dormers. Building is in WA state (Pierce County). Cathedral ceilings...
1
1

Fein tools?
I see many paid promotional infomercials on late-night TV touting the MultiMaster power tool by Fein. I'm always highly skeptical of anything advertised so ubiquitously, but that aside, I'd never...
36
36

Granite countertop
My spartan kitchen just does not have enough cabinets. A relative gave me a sink-type base cabinet that nearly matches those in the kitchen now. Of course, it has no countertop. My plan is for that...
5
5

Electrical Boxes and Lighting
I am installing lamps in front of my gruage. I have the wires run, and I am putting in the boxes now. I have two 4in boxes that I want to install. Is it required (code) that the boxes sit directly...
10
10

Hinges for Rehanging Kitchen Cabinet Doors
Hello I am repainting my kitchen cabinets. The cabinets are solid wood. They are original cabinets for 1955 ( when the house was built) I took all the doors off the cabinets along with the hinges. I...
2
2

JACKHAMMER EXPERIENCE ?
Has anyone ever used a H.F. LARGE jackhammer AND a Bosch Brute jackhammer? I need to break up some limestone and harder rocks underground. I already bought a H.F. unit but haven't gotten it yet. Has...
3
3

Heater in Bathroom Panasonic Whisper Warm ?
Hello I am about to have my bathroom remolded. My wife would like to add a heater to the bathroom. The home has a forced air gas furnace and the batroom has a vent in it. We rarely turn the house...
6
6

10/3 uf-b
------------------------------------- i just run 10/3 uf-b from my house to a 12x16.. i have a sub box out there that the 10/3 is ran to. i have 4 single 20 amps 1 is 3 pulgs and 1 is for a ac unit....
5
5

FREE monthly update regarding construction data
Hi, I am promoting our business intelligence services if you would like to be included in a free monthly mailing containing free articles from recently published construction sector reports please...
1
1

Advice needed on painting outdoor teak furniture.
A client wants her heavy teak outdoor chairs painted (low lustre) white. I asked Benjamin Moore what primer and paint they'd recommend I use. They said that: "Due to the nature of teak being an "oily"...
8
8

Housing starts and "natural population growth" (aka land depletion)
A number of articles on the economic situation claim that "natural population growth" justifies and/or will absorb surplus housing starts in the current market. In general, housing starts, i.e. new...
69
69

Plans
Below is a link to the plans. The 38' wide version is the one I would want to build but with 6x6 posts in two rows down the center every 8' I suspect it was designed to hold hay. I'd like to make a...
1
1

Source for 55 gallon plastic drum ?
I would like to own a 55 gallon drum , preferably made of plastic. I want this to be able to haul K-1 kerosene fuel for my oil heaters. I suppose I could use a metal drum but prefer the plastic as it...
47
47

Seven Surprising Stay-Home Salaries
Seven Surprising Stay-Home Salaries The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that at last count, 13.7 million Americans were telecommuting. Only one in four had a formal agreement in place with...

red brick redo
Does anyone know how to create the old world look of partially exposed red brick and stucco on an interior wall? I have a chimney I want to redecorate this way. Please help!!
2
2