Granite countertop

My spartan kitchen just does not have enough cabinets. A relative gave me a sink-type base cabinet that nearly matches those in the kitchen now. Of course, it has no countertop. My plan is for that cabinet to replace the roll around table/3shelves that the smallish microwave sets on now. The location is adjacent to the stove I would also like to move hot pots from the stove to the countertop.

To my dismay, they want a minmum order money amount to fill my request. Ranges from 1.5K to 2K minimum amount. What I'm looking for is an off-white granite countertop rounded 3 corners and a 4" high backsplash. 37" L X

26"W.

There's a cabinet shop in town that I can go to for a standard countertop, if I can't find what I'm looking for. Suggestions?

Reply to
Dioclese

jloomis

The minimum charge is because they'll have to cut up a whole sheet of granite even if you only want a small piece.

You can ask about remnants, but the selection of colors will be much smaller. Also consider man-made products like Corian and Silestone--those can be made in any size.

Reply to
SteveBell

on 3/24/2009 8:56 AM (ET) Dioclese wrote the following:

Have you thought about 1' x 1' granite tile? It worked for me and I installed it myself.

Reply to
willshak

I needed a slab of granite to go under a woorburning stove. Called several "monumental masons" (UK name for the people who make head stones) and found one who would cut me the small piece I needed.

Reply to
Cwatters

Future son-in-law hooked me up. Was lucky to catch him not working yesterday evening. He called in a favor from one of his subs. Cost to me is zero.

Reply to
Dioclese