Attaching dishwasher to granite countertop

Had a granite countertop installed last week, and this weekend installed dishwasher. How do you attach it to the counter? I saw somewhere where you could come in from the side, but I didn't see anywhere on my model where you could do that. The installers said a dab of liquid nails where the screw would normanlly go. Anyone have any experience with this method? I use liquid nails for many projects, just wondering if it was the right stuff for this job.

Reply to
Steve

I think my dishwasher just sits on the floor. I'm sure that's true for my refrigerator.

It's not like the clothes washer that spins around a whole load of laundry, sometimes unbalanced, and even that just sits on the floor. All that spins in a dishwahser is a lightweight plastic arm. And the water moves but in a pretty balanced manner.

mm

Go here and read what guys who do counters for a living have to say

Reply to
newsreader

Liquid Nails is the preferred method for me. You want the thing attached...eliminates the tipping that occurs when you have the door down and the weight of the dishes on the door. Just a couple dabs of Liquid Nails on each corner works just fine.

Steve wrote:

Reply to
Newfie

Isn't your granite countertop installed on 3/4 inch plywood? Even if you have granite edging, there should still be plywood back there somewhere.

You do need it to be screwed in, because otherwise it could tip over when you open it (when we moved into our house the previous owner had done some work and hadn't attached the dish washer, and we got a surprise first time we went to use it).

Reply to
nhurst

Steve wrote in news:Xns977E5C39476D0scheadleycohamdus@216.196.97.142:

I used latex caulk to attach my d/w to granite counter. It has held for five years now. I expect Liquid Nails would do the job, too.

Dee

Reply to
Dee

I had my granite counters installed with the dishwasher in place and plumbed in (only about , oh, four hours ago!). The height of the dishwasher had been adjusted to standard bottom cabinet top level, and the granite installer screwed the dishwasher into the countertop.

Banty

Reply to
Banty

Hi,

This might help....

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Attach a thin wood board to the underside of the granite with silicone sealant. Screw the dishwasher into the board.

Apply trim if necessary to cover the attachment.

Reply to
yellowbirddog

Forget what I said.

mm

Use the same system they use to install the under mount sink. Drill and install the brass anchor then screw the dishwasher L brackets into the anchors.

Reply to
calhoun

on highend DWs you remove the tabs from the top and install them on the sides. There are plugs that you remove so you can install the screws into the sides of the cabinet.

Reply to
Cliff Hartle

Not if its 3cm thick. They dont always use a deck on the cabinets.

Reply to
Darrell Dorsey