Induction Energy based Limescale Eliminator

Am in a hard water area and my bathroom bath tub hot water faucet, which is fed by a combination boiler, has got essentially gone bust after 1 year. Plumber said the quality of the tap wasn't that great to start with. However, it could be simply coz of the hard water.

Anyway, in my research for a water softener I have come across this item

Anyone aware of this sort of device. Looks fairly easy to install but the question is "Is it effective?".

Cheers Hiro London, UK

Reply to
Hiro

No. These aren't effective. They've been on the market for years and testing has found they don't work. Take a look at this article - you'll see the same claims have been made before, and under testing have been found to be groundless:

Your best bet is to stick with a conventional water softener.

HellT

Reply to
Hell Toupee

Hmmm.... report says "Perhaps" to magnets and "Definitely yes" to conventional methods....

however, no doubt there are con artists around...

I believe I could build one of these babies myself and sell on ebay for half the price...

Hiro

Okay... so I have a Perhaps on the magnetic stuff from that link...

What about a Calmag Polyphosphate ( CalPhos ) device. Does anyone if that does the job?

See

Cheers Hiro

Reply to
Hiro

Why are you looking at the snake oil crap instead of just getting a conventional water softner that we all know works?

Reply to
trader4