removing stains from new sink

Hello all,

I have a beautiful new Pegasus composite sink (80% granite) that has unfortunately been used for the last month as a "utility sink" (my fault) for cleaning paint rollers and brushes. Some of the rollers and brushes sat in the bottom long enough to leave dried latex paint in the bottom. The larger blobs of paint have come off with very little effort but there are some "thinner" stains that appear to have gotten into the pores of the sink (thought this was nonporous?). I have had SOME success scrubbing with a scotch-brite type of cleaning pad and some baking soda as recommended by one website. However the stains have not completely come off yet. Is this a case where more elbow-grease is required and they'll come off with time and more effort, or will scrubbing harder damage the sink? I've read various pieces of information that lead me to believe I should be careful how I scrub this sink and not to use abrasive cleaners or steel wool.

Pegasus does not have a website that I've been able to locate anywhere, so I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks in advance, Soon-to-be-named-mud (if I can't figure out how to get this clean)

Reply to
louie

Hi, Baking soda?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

yep, several websites suggested (along with their own solid-surface cleaning products of course):

50/50 bleach/water soak - this did nothing to the stains

scrubbing with baking soda and scotch-brite - this so far has had the most effect on the stains. I wet the baking soda and made a paste that I rubbed onto the sink and let dry then scrubbed off with the scotch-brite pad. It did remove some of the stain just not all of it. It looks like repeating this is working and is slowly removing the stain a little bit at a time, but I wonder what damage could I be doing to the sink and is there a better way to clean this?

Reply to
louie

Hi, I had a sink stained to almost black with tea stains. Repeated cleansing with baking soda took care of it. Lots of armstrong greae...., LOL.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

WD40 claims to clean many things; suggest try on small area 1st

Reply to
Main Man

"louie" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Rubbing alcohol will dissolve latex paint.

Dee

Reply to
Dee

Try a product called ..Bar Keepers Friend... its sold at most grocery stores, you should be able to find it where they sell cleaning products like scouring powders. Very inexpensive, its used to clean tile,copper ,brass ect, really cleans up my corning wear baking dishes, I also had a nasty ball point pin ink stain on my wash machine, nothing but this stuff would clean it up.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa