Neff induction hob

OK - we got this fitted yesterday. Now: the instructions indicate a method to alter the default setting the hob has for limiting the input current. You can supposedly configure it to limit that to 13, 16, or

20A (default is 16A).

The supply circuit has a 32A breaker on it and the cable looked quite chunky, so I'd like to crank the limit up to 20A. I went through the process, described somewhat sparingly in the user manual. At the end of the the control panel on the hob is supposed to indicate that you have set it to that level. Trouble is, the panel remains stubbornly *blank*.

Anyone tried this process? It is apparently identical on Bosch hobs too. The instructions say "do this before first use of the hob", implying that this might be one's only chance ever to do it, and that if we start cooking on it we won't be able to go back and alter it. That would IMO be really dumb but who knows.

Tried calling Neff Customer Service but you just get put on hold.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Sounds like a recent innovation to enable it to be run from a ring main rather than a dedicated circuit. I don't think that our 5-year-old Neff induction hob has anything like that. How many cables does your have? Ours has two separate 3-core cables - one for each pair of rings - and these have been connected in parallel to a dedicated radial circuit. You can turbo-boost one ring from each pair - but not both from the same pair at the same time.

Reply to
Roger Mills

One 3-core cable, without any plug on it. It's a dedicated circuit with a 32A breaker on it, not a ring. I think the point of being able to adjust the level down to 13A is so that if you move to a house with an ordinary socket on the wall for the hob, you can just put a 13A plug on and plug it in.

Reply to
Tim Streater