Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Seeking Expert Insight on Complex Roof Integration for a Modern-Traditional Hybrid Home Design
Hi fellow pros, I'm deep into planning a unique home that blends modern and traditional elements, and I've hit a real challenging spot with the roof. The design calls for integrating a sleek, flat...
1
1

Which brand dishwasher has shallow depth DX21?
Hi, Need manufacturer or brand name for shallow dishwasher, my counter is about 21 depth, the other two dimensions are normal WX24, H34. Thanks

Leaking in retaining wall
Hi, I odn't know if this is the right forum or if there re better forums to ask this in but here it is: We have a walkup patio for our baskment. There is a concrete retaining wall around it that is...

Armstrong 266 ceiling tiles
Does anyone have the original 266 tiles (not the 266B). Looking for 3-5 cases. Thanks

I-Beams: The Unexpected Structural Risk That Could Cost You
I have put an offer on a house and during the inspection the inspector found that one of the i-beams does not anchored to the outside wall-meaning that it is not being supported by a major load...

Grizzly Table Saw for Sale and Parts
When buying a new grizzly table saw, you should look for a brand that is certified by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory. Grizzly table saw for sale means that the product meets all applicable...

Expansion Joints cut vs. Tool
Why would I use one vs the other? I like the look of the tooled vs, cuts. Does one do better than the other when creating your joints?
1
1

will parking a car on my concrete help keep it from cracking
My neighbor wants to park on my concrete pad and said that would help keep the concrete from cracking more than it has.

Question on Queen Post (Fan) Attic / Garage condition.
Hello all, I currently have a Queen Post (Fan) attic condition that utilizes 2X4" studs, 24" O.C. and span approximately 19'10" across my garage. I want to install an attic stair and be able to do...

Lumber take offs estimation modal for engineers
Looking for the lumber take offs and estimation template for local business.

National Grid Denies A Net Meter
I installed an 8kw residential solar system on my property in NY State. When I applied for a net meter through National Grid, I was denied. They claim that the substation is scheduled for upgrades and...

Identifying concrete blocks (CMU)
Hello, this is a house in UK, built in the early '70s. Some parts of the outer walls are made of concrete blocks. I suppose they are one of the types listed here: e.g., aggregate, lightweight or...

Concrete thickness to support water tanks
I have two water tanks that are 7' high with a base of 30"x30" that will weigh about 2500 pounds when full. How thick does the concrete need to be. I would like to place them on an existing concrete...

Fire and waterproof boarding
We have built a timber framed garage near to our house and the building inspector has stipulated that we hang a masterboard type material behind the wooden cladding for fire protection I wondered if...

Distance from Transformer?
What is the maximum distance from the Transformer to the Electric Meter?