Expansion Joints cut vs. Tool

Why would I use one vs the other? I like the look of the tooled vs, cuts. Does one do better than the other when creating your joints?

Reply to
Zachary Thornton

Saw joints, as their name suggests, are cut with a saw. Using a grooving tool, tool joints are made by hand. Although saw-cut joints and tool joints achieve the same thing, the aesthetic effects differ greatly.

Reply to
TABETHA LOCKWOOD