fried bacon troubles.

Page 8 of 9

How safe is this around pet birds???
--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the

Microwave it between paper towels. It's not as crispy as pan-fried, but the odor is minimal. Using a splatter screen over top of the pan may help, as it may lessen odor molecules that are escaping into the air.

dip it in a tempura batter before cooking.
.max
--
<blink>

We deep fry our bacon! It doesn't shrink as much and you get very little smoke or odor into the house.
TTUL Gary

ghbt wrote:

Put a spatter screen over the skillet. (You'll need a plate or something to put the greasy shield on when you remove it from the skillet.) The shield will help retain heat. The pan won't have to be as hot and there won't as much smoke or odor.

Tell the kid to smoke pot outside and he won't have to fry bacon to mask the odor.
Frying bacon is a very common practice for masking both cigarette and marijuana smoke odors.

I LOVE it!
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

lol u learn something new very day (tho i'm waay past the days of needing that tip LOL)

A fellow at work went on a ski weekend and the condo they were renting was smoke free. He told me they fried up 7 pounds of bacon in three days. I don't think they were Marlboro butt in the ashtray either.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

some, see if he's still so fond of burnt bacon.

son likes to cook bacon also. I just don't buy it often, or I buy the maple flavored from Canada, it has less odor. A good vent would be helpful. Karen
--
http://www.active.com/donations/fundraise_public.cfm?key=StanTheMan

ghbt wrote:

Open a window. But there's something wrong with the bacon, I think, if it 'stinks' up the flat.
[ ... ]

Stink is in the nose of the besniffer.
As for the original problem, either venilation or cooking outside.
Speaking of bacon, I've found a brand called Branding Iron which smells _strongly_ of caramel. As soon as I cut open the package.
However, it doesn't shrink 50% or more when cooked, so it's now my brand of choice.
The fragrance of fried Tootsie Rolls is a bit unusual, though.
Gary
--
Gary Heston snipped-for-privacy@hiwaay.net

Windows is like SUVs; a bad idea, poorly implemented, unsafe, with a

It's been coated with sugar....maybe brown sugar or corn syrup. You can sprinkle regular bacon with sugar and it comes out the same way. Less shrinkage, less spattering, and very nice salty/sweet taste.
Gary Heston wrote:

LOL always.

LOL! One of the best packs of bacon I've had in the US was some generic stuff that appeared locally for a couple of weeks and then disappeared. Not too salty, plenty of meat even though it's 'streaky' bacon, not much shrinkage.
Arri London wrote:

Stink is in the nose of the inhaler.
jerry

ghbt wrote:

have him make huge batches at a time.

to how to either get rid of the smell >once there or prevent it being too bad when he fries the bacon in the first place.
Move. ;-)

Dont forget who will be picking your nursing home.
Rod Speed wrote:

The state will pick yours because, as with your entire life, they pay the tab. This happens when one has no job skills. Still smarting over the toilet cleaning job that canned you?