Subject Author Posted Replies

What circular saws use the Diamond Knockout on the blade
I have a fair amount of circular saw blades, and many (not all) of them have a diamond shape knockout in the center. I have used power tools since the 1960s and have never seen any saw that fits those...
1
1

Work bench design: Well made?
I need a small workbench in my basement where I can do hand tool stuff in the wintertime. What do you think about the leg design on this bench? It looks pretty good to me to build it as part of the...
28
28

Suggested wanted, to stain or to dye.
I am once again building 8 or so boxes for gifts. Very similar to the ones with the 3D blocks that I build a couple of years ago, but the tops will be much simpler. I have a 9' long piece of 4/4 S4S...
5
5

shop practical joke
(titled "Carpenter shenanigans" but no woodworking shown) Elijah ------ you can hear a saw though On August 17 2016 I posted this video on my Facebook page and within one week I received almost 32...

nuisance trip central vac breaker
I'm told buy guys more knoledgeable than myself that it iis both legal and common on dedicated motor circuits. The wire is very capable of handling half a second of 40 or even 60 amps - required to...
34
34

Eliminate 'splinters'
What have I got myself into? Long story short: Bear broke into my shed. Wrecked door. I replaced door. Basic sheet of 3/4" plywood, bordered by 1x4's (?, 1-3/8"X3/4"). I did not paint them. Now,...
11
11

Once In A Lifetime Clamp Deal...And I Missed It!
I missed it by 1 day. I was looking around in my Offer Up app and stumbled across this listing from yesterday. The seller was *asking* $1 per clamp or $10 for the lot. *Asking*! I wonder if the buyer...
1
1

Opinions wanted....
Is that an iron bed? Looks awfully thick, almost like granite.
12
12

paint prices and water base
have paint prices gone up seems like it has but have not followed them historically very closely they seem a bit higher than i recall do all states charge the recycling fee seems like a scam since...
4
4

Birch Plywood For Painted Book Case - $50 vs. $75
You'll have to visually inspect them both. Rumor has it that the Lumber Yard still gets the furniture-grade plywood with a decent veneer thickness, I haven't found this to be true at 2 of the Lumber...
75
75

unglue wood
Yeah, Steve Bannon.
62
62

whole shop of power tools
I hear you. But for me, if you do not start with a realistic market price, then you will not even get people calling to dicker. I'm not going to was te my time to bargain you down from an unrealistic...
11
11

ASTRONOMICAL!
Happy for the folks in Houston. They've been through a lot. Deserve some joy. From laughingstock to lift off. George Springer and the Houston Astros rocketed to the top of the baseball galaxy...
5
5

shop paint choice
thinking just white paint as it reflects the most light but flat or semi or gloss looking for the best coating that will resist collecting dust and will blow off and thinking gloss would be best for...
58
58

Totally OT, Progress on a bayou restoration after Harvey
Many here have inquired about the storm, still fresh on our minds in the Houston area. Most every one of the dozen or so bayous in the Houston area caused home flooding. One mile north of where we...
20
20