what goes up must come down

now if they could figure out how to blow up a pile of wood and screws and become a building that would be something

i think that the new stadium is there in the background they put up a temp wall between

Reply to
Electric Comet

They aren't very far apart. I have been down there (that close) but I understand that the stadiums were about the width of a two-lane road apart.

I think that's the first "implosion" where the left a couple of walls standing. It's going to be a mess figuring out if all of the charges went off (could get interesting digging through a mine field).

Reply to
krw

They have ways of confirming that all the charges went off, including but not limited to, audio monitoring.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Explain? The local talk-radio news shows are acting like it's a pretty big deal. Of course, they get paid to make a big deal out of things.

Reply to
krw

I'll try to look it up. I saw a documentary on controlled implosions and the technology has come a long way. Of course, in this day and age of low bid gets the contract, perhaps not every demolition company is on the same plane, technology wise.

In the doc, they were talking about having a lot of cameras everywhere, transmitting video of the explosions from the inside of the building. They also could computer analyze audio recordings from different locations to "hear" if every explosion went off. Pretty cool stuff, especially for a guy with an audio background. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Yup, never let facts get in the way of a sensational story. LOL

BUT there is this fact. If they determine that not all charges went off, where were they and or which ones? :-)

Reply to
Leon

If you look that up to verify, see if they explain how they locate the 2 out of the 500 that did not go off after everything has been relocated after the explosions. Then again just like before being wired up they are safe with out the detonator being hooked up.

Reply to
Leon

Seems pretty simple to me...

They're the ones that are very close to the sections that didn't blow up.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

OTOH, insurance drives a lot of this. Cutting corners risks cancellation. Not good for business (wouldn't be surprised if they got dinged, big time, for this one).

When I lived in NY, we'd occasionally see the Loizeaux (Controlled Demolition Inc.) family on the News when they were bringing down large buildings. It is indeed cool stuff.

I haven't watched them yet but it looks like some interesting stuff here:

Reply to
krw

snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

*snip*

There was a mini-series called "Blowdown" that featured them. It was only 8 episodes or so, but great fun to watch. It might be worth setting your DVR if you're interested.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Do you have any pointers? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Reply to
krw

Don't know if you'll actually find it available for recording...

There was this one too:

Maybe they're available on one of the networks' website.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Looks like it aired on the National Geographic channel:

Amazon has the videos but they are SUPER OVERPRICED, at about $15 each for a 50 minute TV show:

I thought I had them all recorded, but I don't see them on my Plex library. I'll have to check when I get home, they might not be on that server.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I was hoping to find them on Netflix, Amazon, or such.

Reply to
krw

snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

At least you know what to look for now. I'll have to see if I've got them recorded and we can arrange something to let you watch them.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I'll keep an eye out for it. If you can find it, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to
krw

snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

*trim summary: We're talking about the TV show Blowdown.*

Just checked my systems, apparently it didn't get saved.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Rats! Thanks for looking, though. I'll keep my eyes open.

Reply to
krw