Subject Author Posted Replies

Lesson learned
I'm looking for recommendations regarding necessary h.p. and suggested models of hand-held plunge routers for making mortices. That's all ... just the one job (I already have a Milwaukee 3.5 hp in the...
8
8

Ordered to remove a huge oak
The city has ordered me to remove an Oak at the edge of my property which the local utility claims is too close to their service lines. The tree is old but healthy. I would guess that the trunk is...
13
13

30-Year-Old Planed Oak - $2 Per Board Foot (Dallas Area)
Old, solid-oak atrium benches / pews. See ad and pictures here: http://dallas.craigslist.org/fur/276139098.html
5
5

Pinewood Derby Axles
Thank you to all of you who have provide tips on Pinewood Derby cars in response to a previous post. We would like to ask a couple of follow-up questions: 1. What is the best way to make sure that the...
18
18

powered grinding (not sharpening(?))
Folks, I'm fed up of spending ages at the bench stones shaping the primary bevel of my chisels & plane irons. However, I'm not in the league of never wanting to sharpen a chisel again (very enjoyable...
28
28

OT Making a model ship with a 5 year old
My 5.5 year old son wants to make a model ship. I made something with my dad when I was about same age, from plywood, and he wants to have his own. I do not want to get into "show quality" esoteric...
53
53

Re: Woodworking Roadblocks - RayV
Toddlers and a wife who will convince you that whatever you get her for Valentine's Day is EXACTLY what she wanted are woodworking roadblocks to brag about. Wood can wait - enjoying your family ALWAYS...

Clear finish for "wet look"
I am looking for a clear finish that will give the surface a "wet look". I am taking a project I am doing in MDF and using automotive sealer/resurfacers and fillers to get a glass smooth surface that...
11
11

New FWW issue (wood shelf standards and dyes)
Just in time for recent 'wreck discussions! These two articles relate directly to recent threads: 1.) A GREAT photo and description of two versions of wooden shelf standards as we were discussing a...
5
5

Compressor motor on ts
What happens if you mount a compressor motor on a table saw? I have a salvaged 2 hp compressor motor from an old compressor. The motor is not as old as the compressor was. It is a Granger...
9
9

Re: Woodworking Roadblocks
charlie b wrote in news:45CC4AF5.73F5 *snip: Wood acquistion and hoarding story* Sharing the garshop with a "family room" concept. (Fortuately, it's almost all mine. Unfortunately, it's almost all...
13
13

Porter cable belt sander model 371K
Anybody used this little guy? All opinions welcome. Thanks.
6
6

Heeeeyyy tool freaks!!
>who wants one http://tinyurl.com/es6ahr----who http://tinyurl.com/es6ahr----
13
13

DC supplies
What is the best place (money compared to quality and ease of use) to get hose, blast gates, cyclone lids, etc. I am on minimal budget, one car garage, minimal runs, 2hp HF DC, etc..thanks all..
3
3

router bits on eBay
I see router bit sets on eBay for not a lot of money. I know buyer should be beware, but should these sets be avoided completely? Or are there some really good deals here after all? Buying a set of 66...
9
9