Router Speed?

I have a Porter Cable 693 router mounted under a table. I've used it many times over the past several years, but mostly just guess at the speed setting. I know the router is supposed to be slowed down for bigger bits, but to what setting?

Is there some general rule that equates the router speed to the size of the bit?

Is there a way to determine if the router is running too fast or too slow by looking at the cut it makes?

Curious...

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband

HerHusband wrote: > I know the router is supposed to be slowed down for bigger bits, > but to what setting? >

RPM vs bit size chart is usually included with bit.

Personally, I limit bit size to 1" for my 25,000 RPM router.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett