Rikon 18" band saw?

I'm looking at the Rikon 18" 2hp band saw, model10-345. It's onsale at Woodcraft for $999. (

) Do any of you have one? Know someone who has one? Just waanted some info about performance, reliability, etc.

Thanks for any input

Reply to
Jimmy

Stoutman

Reply to
Jimmy

Nice appearance. Not an upgrade though IMHO. I bought one hoping to up grade from my smaller and older saw. I was not impressed, returned the saw

2 weeks later, and bought a better saw. If you have roller bearing guide experience you know what to except from them and you may be satisfied.
Reply to
Leon

It comes with a 3/4" blade. It does OK. I plan on replacing it with a timberwolf 3/4" for resawing. I also have a 1/4" timberwolf that performs very good on this saw.

Depends on how tight of a curve you are cutting. I usually go with my 3/4" for everything unless the curve is tighter.

Thank you. It is taking a lot longer than I thought! This is my biggest project yet.

Reply to
Stoutman