mobile base for Rikon 18" bandsaw

I just ordered a Rikon 18" bandsaw and my shop is a little small at time for cutting long boards. I have all my equipment on mobile base and was wondering what mobile base people use for the Rikon 18"

Reply to
Creekbuster

I have been looking at 18" band saws. Any particular reason for choosing the Rikon?

-------- Original Message -------- news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com

cutting long boards. I have all my equipment on mobile base and was > wondering what mobile base people use for the Rikon 18"

Reply to
JJ

For the price range I would probably get the Rikon also. It has gotten great reviews and comes out on top in most of the comparisons when compared to the typical Asian built Jet, Delta, Grizzly, etc.

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
Creekbuster

Why not get one of those HTC bases that WoodCraft sells? Supports up to 700lbs, should be fine with your bandsaw. I'm going to order one of the Rikon's myself this month. Sale on at WC.

MJ Wallace

Reply to
mjwallace

Reply to
Mark L.

Current issue (Nov 2005) of Wood Magazine has a test write up on 6 16" and 18" BS. Rikon came out on top, with Griz G0513 the best value. $100 off the Rikon at WC gets the price pretty close.

Reply to
Tom Banes

That is exactly what I have under my 18" Rikon. It works just fine... got mine at Woodcraft at the same time I bought the bandsaw.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Here is a link to a review and links at the bottom to other magazine reviews.

Leon

Try the universal mobile base at woodcraft.

put this under my Rikon and like it so much bought another to put under my jointer.

Gary in KC

Reply to
Gary A in KC