ww mag article for octogonal legs

Some months back i bought a woodworking magazine that showed how to make some intricate bowed octogonal legs with an inlay. My todler got a hold of it and destroyed the magazine. Now i want to make those legs for a sideboard i'm making but need the mag fro reference. There was some jig needed for shaping the legs in a planer.

I'd appreciate it if anyone remembers the issue so i can purchase the back issue. It may be as far back as spring.

From what i remember, it involved taking eight pieces of stock planed

to triagles. Then putting a curve on them -- something like a fine point at both tips and the max of the curve 2/3 the way down the leg. Two segments were cut short, the inlay on edge added and all eight glued together. The carcase was to be attached so it sat upon the two short segments and the rest of the leg was proud of the carcase corner.

Any one remember that article?

Thanks Tom

Reply to
Bahremu

Aha! Google helped me find it shortly after posting. From Fine Woodworking Dec 2006 the Faceted Ruhlmann Leg.

Tom

Reply to
Bahremu