Subject Author Posted Replies

Using a router for edge jointing
Trying to put a straight edge on several long, thick boards and hoping there is a good way of using a router and a jig that someone could recommend. I don't have a jointer which might be the easiest...
8
8

hitachi router
M12V Hitachi router with a 3 1/4 horse motor. 1/4 and 1/2 collets and plunges. House sale, wants $100 for router and home made table, router is 3-4 years old. Please advise, just starting out and not...
6
6

New planer - advice before I use it?
Be prepared to deal with a LOT of shavings. The best thing I did for my Delta was get a plastic fitting that allowed me to channel the shavings into my dust collector. What used to be a huge PITA is...
55
55

Welding Plexiglass
It was chloroform, not ether that we welded Plexiglass with. Pete Stanaitis ---------------------
25
25

DIY Coffin Plans
See the subject line, I know this thread has come up at times in the wreck, but I still can't find any plans. This started off as a bit of a black joke at a recent funeral, but has become a little...
21
21

Books on layout and construction of curved work?
I'm looking for some literature on doing curved work - bars, drawers, etc... Not so much on steam bending or bent lamiations. Tips and techniques for layout and jigging and the sort. Thanks. JP
4
4

Examples of Chinese Joinery posted to a.b.p.w.
Have posted three example of some chinese joinery - frame and panel - table joinery - chari joinery If anyone else has some examples to share - PLEASE DO! charlie b
5
5

Poplar for Storm Windows
Would Poplar be a suitable choice to make storm windows out of? Does anyone know its decay resistent properties. I plan to paint them. Nevertheless if it is a poor choice I would use an alternative...
11
11

Graphic support for different grains
Seems like it has been a while since a graphic of the end of a log with an overlay of cut boards positioned over the end of the log to show how grain will be distributed as the log is cut. Sure helped...
2
2

American woodworker magazine
Anyone subscribe to American Woodworker? Looking for an article on an eight drawer dresser that appeared in issue #124, 125, or 126. Called American Woodworker but they couldn't find it, poor outfit....
3
3

Hardware Help (Hinges)
I built a prototype folding table which holds its weight on four hinges where the pins of the hinges sit parallel with the ground. Forseeing problems, I used some heavy gauge hinges but I was unable...
2
2

help....rubber cement damaged my table finish
While putting together invitations on my mothers Breuner's table (deep cherry, solid wood, laquer finish) we seemed to have damaged the shiny laquer as it now appears to be spider web fractured-like...
3
3

damaged laquer on table..from rubber cement?
While putting together invitations on my mothers Breuner's table (deep cherry, solid wood, laquer finish) we seemed to have damaged the shiny laquer as it now appears to be spider web fractured-like...
1
1

Rabbet drawer fronts?
I am making a dresser and this weekend I will be making drawers. Should I make rabbeted dovetails or non rabbeted (rabbeted left and right on drawer front with dovetails)? Why do a lot of furniture...
15
15

What is the HP for this motor?
Hi, I have an old craftsman motor lying around. I checked the spec label and it does not list the HP but it list other info. Can someone give me an idea of the HP for this motor? The info for the...
10
10