Storage shed - Thanks to all!

All,

Over the last several months, I have posted numerous (at least it seems to me) questions here about the planning and construction of a backyard storage shed. I just wanted to take this opportunity to offer my thanks to those of you who responded, and to let you know my shed is about 95% complete. The project has gone wonderfully and has been tremendously educational.

My biggest obstacle has been the weather - we're experiencing one of the wettest late spring/early summer seasons Oklahoma has ever had; we're something like 21 inches (!) ahead of average on rain, and that has taken a project that should have been a long weekend or two into one spanning nearly a month. The whole family has been involved, although my son kind of lost interest once the project got to a point where it was hard for him to help.

All that's left is a bit of trim work and paint, but the forecast is for rain all week, so I'll just have to be patient. The roof shingles are about 95% on except for two courses near the very top on one side, but I ran out of shingles over the weekend...alas

Anyway, sorry for going on so long, but again, THANKS to all who offered their help, experience, and suggestions on this project.

-intrepid (aka Dave)

Reply to
intrepid_dw

intrepid snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1182780529.468644.325340 @n60g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Hey, congratulations!

I don't know whether I should mention that my shed has been a little over 95% complete for about 6 years now... If I don't trim the grass too close, it's rather hard to tell.

Be grateful for the rain.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch