sharpening

When I'm sharpening a turning gouge or skew should the bevek be flat o

concave? Does it make a difference

-- tim_0106

Reply to
tim_0106

Sort of the wrong group... please join us in rec.crafts.woodturning

As with most turning questions, I'd advise going to Darrell Feltmates site:

has sections for almost any type of turning question and is very helpful..

I have skews sharpened in about 5 or 6 different ways, depending on their use.. This comes from a lot of it is practice and personal preference, but the traditional skew is a flat bevel, to ride on the wood as you cut..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis