Nickel Plated Oval Head Screws

Hi all,

Does anyone have a good source for buying nickel plated screws? Specifically, I'm looking for nickel plated (polished), oval slot head wood screws. I can't seem to find a vendor online who has it.

As a side note, these screws are for some bathroom fixtures that are also polished nickel - some were ruined in the installation.

Thanks!!

Jason

Reply to
Jason

Jason wrote: >

1) Try the supplier who sold you the fixtures.

2) Any decent hardware store.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Thanks, Lew!

Well, the supplier is in England so I was hoping to avoid that route, and the local (apparently indecent) hardware stores don't have the oval head variety.

But I'll keep looking!

-J

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Reply to
Jason

Try

or
They both have a pretty good selection of all kinds of weirdo screws.

Reply to
Roy Smith

Are you telling me you served as your own importer?

If not, check with the importer.

I'd be willing to wager some serious money that you have at least one good hardware store within 30 miles, unless you reside on the moon.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Reply to
sweet sawdust

Roy,

Thanks for the lead. I'm a big fan of McFeely's and the jamestown place looks great! Neither lists nickel plated on their site, but it's worth an email to customer service!

Cheers, Jas> >

Reply to
Jason

Lol, no, Lew, of course not.

Unfortunately, the kitchen & bath place where I purchased the fixtures gave me the "we'll have to check on it" nonsense. This is what I get for buying top-shelf imported stuff. I almost (almost) wish I had bought the chrome-plated plastic junk from Home Depot. Almost.

-J

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Reply to
Jason

Jason wrote: > Lol, no, Lew, of course not. >

Can relate to the off shore products comments.

You would be surprised how much yacht hardware comes from Europe, the UK, NZ and OZ.

Start looking for a good local hardware store.

They will have a packaged assortment of various specialty fasteners including nickel plated oval.

Jamestown will have oval head S/S, but by the box of 100.

Good luck.

I'd still be tempted to solve my problem with the supplier.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

sweet sawdust wrote: > Be careful there, I have one Do It Best that I refuse to shop at due to high > prices and we'll get it in next tuesday policy and one lumber yard that does > a fair job on hardware.

By definition, they qualify.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Both McMaster Carr and MSC Direct have a vast selection of screws.

Reply to
eag111

McFeely's does list #6 x 5/8" Nickel Plated Slide Mounting Screw

Reply to
Hoosierpopi