Hardware source question

--One of the woodworking catalogs, forgot which one, has a bunch of polished brass widgets that can be used to construct a bar; i.e. the brass railing for your feet, the brass brackets to hold the railing, brass sweeps to turn corners, etc. Can anyone recall who's catalog that stuff is in? --TIA,

Reply to
steamer

steamer wrote: | --One of the woodworking catalogs, forgot which one, has a bunch of | polished brass widgets that can be used to construct a bar; i.e. | the brass railing for your feet, the brass brackets to hold the | railing, brass sweeps to turn corners, etc. Can anyone recall who's | catalog that stuff is in? --TIA,

VanDyke's -

Morris Dovey

Andy

In addition to the others already posted, iirc Woodworkers' Supply has at least some as well.

Reply to
dpb

Rockler also sells then:

Nova

| Rockler also sells then:

They do - but if I recommended Rockler to someone and that person received stuff as cheap/shoddy as my last Rockler order, it'd reflect badly on me. I was amazed that the shipping charge from Minnesota was more than the cost of the product, but understood as soon as I opened the package - the shipping was _worth_ more.

Morris Dovey

steamer wrote in news:46800f78$0$14078$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sonic.net:

Lee Valley has a whole catalog full of interesting, if not cheap, hardware stuff. WAAAAY more than shows up on the Internet web pages.

'tis a threat to domestic financial security, it is. But good looking stuff, and well done.

They'll send you a catalog, if asked nicely.

Don't even start on the gardening stuff...

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Unfortunately, I've never seen any bar rail stuff from them and I have been through all their catalogues a number of times. For the original OP, I did build a rustic bar for a friend of mine several years ago, and I used chair rail with standoff supports as a foot rest for anyone sitting at the bar. It worked out really well, was very easy to put together and satisfactorily, was quite cheap to build.

Reply to
Upscale