Would like to borrow a bandsaw - Wichita KS area

I'm making a dresser and would like to borrow (or rent) use of a bandsaw to resaw some 8" wide pine for drawer sides. I can't bring myself to turn 40% of the wood into chips from my planer. I put an ad on Wichita KS Craigslist. If you'd consider this please contact me thru the craigslist ad. I have most other major power tools except a bandsaw. Thanks.

Reply to
xxxx

Depending upon the size and power of your table saw, it can be possible to make two passes on opposite edges with the blade at full height, finish the cut with a hand saw, minor cleanup with a plane or sander.

The below is not that wide, but the process is the same, and I've routinely done wider wide stock years back when I didn't have a band saw. Once those two kerfs are cut, even wider stock resaws easily with a better hand saw than the one pictured below:

Scroll right...

Reply to
Swingman

If you don't get any response from an individual, give Holtzen Woodwork on N Osage downtown a call. They're a relatively small architectural millwork shop, family owned/operated that are very easy to deal with.

Reply to
dpb

I did that when resawing 1x6 Ipe, although I used a recip saw to finish the cut.

Reply to
Leon

With emphasis on the power of your saw. I've had to do that a couple of times. It's a pain, but it will work if you're careful enough.

Reply to
none

dpb wrote in news:liglnk$826$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

Thanks! I'll keep them in mind. I've done resawing on the tablesaw before. Not much fun.

Reply to
xxxx

No, agreed w/ just a 10" saw plus even w/ a narrow kerf blade there's a fair amount of wasted. Doable and if only need a piece or two, ok, but not preferred choice, agreed.

Holtzen ran the siding for the barn refurb for me some years ago when nobody else wanted to bother with it. Needed 3-1/4" wide WWPA 106 profile that seems to be a non-item any longer as nobody has it stock material under 5-3/8" any more. Need the 3" to match/piece in existing.

They also made me the bed mould for the trim around the outside roof eaves that was missing...

Reply to
dpb