Autodesk to borrow?

Seems I need to find a new career that does not involve lifting or climbing, after my near fatal fall. I'm thinking of getting back into using autocad autodesk, (barely learned some of it in the distant past) and need to see if I can become good enough to get hired by someone. I therefore need a version to work with, but at nearly 4K per copy, I would rather wait until I decide to for sure commit to it, before I but a 4K program and a 3K computer.

Anyone got a copy of it around that I could borrow for 2 or 3 months? Any version would do, for now.

If you are willing, contact me off list, at jsmorganatcharter.net since it is not legal to sell autodesk to a third party. I don't think there is a problem with borrowing, but it would be best to keep it below the table, me thinks.

Reply to
Morgans

Maybe try your local community college. I know years ago our local one taught a class.

Maybe try sketch up as well.

Mike > Seems I need to find a new career that does not involve lifting or

Reply to
mungedaddress

Gotta do autodesk. There is one specific employer I am looking towards, and that is what they use.

Yep, community college is a possibility. Funny, that they are looking for an autodesk teacher, right now. If I knew it, I could apply for that job, since I have been a teacher for years.

Reply to
Morgans

Seems I need to find a new career that does not involve lifting or climbing, after my near fatal fall. I'm thinking of getting back into using autocad autodesk, (barely learned some of it in the distant past) and need to see if I can become good enough to get hired by someone. I therefore need a version to work with, but at nearly 4K per copy, I would rather wait until I decide to for sure commit to it, before I but a 4K program and a 3K computer.

Anyone got a copy of it around that I could borrow for 2 or 3 months? Any version would do, for now.

If you are willing, contact me off list, at jsmorganatcharter.net since it is not legal to sell autodesk to a third party. I don't think there is a problem with borrowing, but it would be best to keep it below the table, me thinks.

Reply to
Bob

"Bob" wrote>

Thanks for that.

Reply to
Morgans

I don't know how much CAD experience you have. There's a free *2D* CAD program that advertises as follows:

"DoubleCAD? XT is an AutoCAD LT® work-alike. But free."

I can't attest to the "look-alike" claim, I have almost no experience with AutoCAD, and even that was with a much older version. But it stands to reason that they would TRY to make it similar enough to AutoCAD to entice people to use it (and then buy their 3D "pro" product).

I've used DoubleCAD, some. It works. Barring getting AutoCAD somehow, perhaps a free "sort-of-similar" program would get you started. It can be downloaded here:

Best of luck.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

"Greg Guarino" wrote

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Reply to
Morgans

You can download AutoCAD 2015 for a 30 day free trial.

If that doesn't work, a search on "autocad free download" brings up several hits. One of them might get you what you need.

Reply to
Just Wondering

Yes, I had found the site, and the only thing is that I will need to use it until July, so 30 days is not enough.

Thanks for posting the info, though.

Reply to
Morgans

Autocad 2014 64 bit

Autocad 2014 32 bit

Both are 100% clean and work perfectly.

Reply to
John Kennerson

For being clean, it set off my virus protection 6 or so times. Not worth the risk, nor is it worth getting caught by autodesk using an illegal copy, if that is to be my livelihood in the future.

Reply to
Morgans

You obviously know absolutely nothing about downloading torrents and are too damn lazy to do any research. Let me guess, wanting instant gratification you simply clicked the Download icon instead of the small red horseshoe magnet, right?

Both links posted earlier are absolutely clean. Sorry, you'll not get any further hand holding from me.

Are you actually stupid enough to believe you would be any less in violation of Autodesk's licensing agreement by "borrowing" a copy of acad from a participant of rec.woodworking than you would be with a pirated copy?

No need to answer that, the fact you were stupid enough to ask in the first place speaks volumes about your intellectually challenged condition.

Reply to
John Kennerson

Joe some one new here you seem a bit too quick to judge.

Reply to
Leon

How so?

Reply to
John Kennerson

Sorry to say, I actually agree with his basic premise.

For as long as I've know, AutoDesk specifically never has done anything but "license" the use of their software, they do not "sell" it to you.

Borrowing a copy of copyrighted, and licensed software would be subject to the restrictions in the license that the Lender/purchaser agreed to when purchasing.

I thought it was pretty silly to publicly attempt to circumvent the license by requesting to "borrow" the software ... that certainly showed a total ignorance of the laws regarding copyright and software, if nothing else.

Reply to
Swingman

Agreed, I was wanting to convey the relatively offensive nature of the response vs the subject of the response. It was a red flag seeing the request to borrow.

Reply to
Leon

Let me rephrase, the venom in your response.

Reply to
Leon

I didn't say anything initially either ... but was waiting for a self-righteous moderator wannabe to jump in, thumping their chests like "Me Tarzan!".

Agreed, the response was indeed over the top ... sounded like something I would say. LOL ;) ;) ;>) Hehe

Reply to
Swingman

Please, you sound like a sobbing little school girl with a skint knee.

Reply to
John Kennerson