autocad

I'd like to buy an old copy of Autocad LT (2000 or 2002). (Apart from the expense of buying the latest copy, I don't think my laptop would run it, hence the need for an old copy)

Does anyone know where I might be able to buy a legit copy second-hand?

Any suggestions welcome

Replies please to rachel at willmer dot com

Thanks!

Reply to
Mrs Smith

Hi. There is no such thing as legit second-hand copy. Autodesk will not allow you to resell. Baz

Reply to
pjdesign

Is that legal?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

ISTR UK law allows no such restrictions, or you`d have no used record shops / no used games cartridges for sale in the likes of Game etc.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Who cares, Kazaa it!

This is uk.diy not uk.legal :)

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I`d suggest bittorrent rather than kazaa (kazaa is full of spyware) - bittorrent is open source and hasn`t got any nasty add-ones.

I quite like the Azureus client from sourceforge.net but you need the official Sun Java installed rather than the pissy non-standard M$ shit.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Does it need to be AutoCad? Or would file compatibility be enough? If so you can get an older version of TurboCAD for a free download from their site.

Reply to
John Rumm

There is a free CAD package that uses the same format diagrams, I think its called turbocad - I suggest you check it out.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Nope - provided it hasn't been used for a low cost upgrade.

But when did something trivial like EU law ever stop Autocad ?

Reply to
G&M

A used copy of Autocad isn't a particularly good solution, since it doesn't give you an upgrade path & it costs plenty.

Unless you are familiar with CAD applications, choose carefully: o TurboCAD mentioned is very good o TotalCAD is another - easier to learn/use but more limited

There is a personal preference between those 2 applications, comes down to which people feel is more intuitive vs learning.

AutoCADs benefit is industry standard plug-ins - from design elements through to design & virtual-prototyping tools. That said, standalone apps often offer more than AutoCAD can integrate, forming a workflow chain of engineering apps costing 150k$+. Unless the application is commercial, look other than AutoCAD.

TotalCAD supposedly has a shorter working curve, but that said a lot is still counter-intuitive - although perhaps less so than TurboCAD.

Reply to
Dorothy Bradbury

Try E-Bay, e.g.,

at present (8:40, 14/8/04) & 1 day 16 hours to go, but the price usually rockets in the last seconds.

Reply to
Aidan

ISR an office suite coming with it. Lotus or 602 I think. I'll check out Open Office when I get sorted.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk:

Unsliced bread.