Wood door and trims

Hi I am located in Miami Florida and in need of some woodworking help.

I just purchased a property that has a custom wood door that "sticks" (does not open more than eight inches). It is an exterior / interior door - meaning that the house is a courtyard home, the main door opens into the courtyard and the rooms all open into this center courtyard with a pool.

This door seems custom, has special paneling on it and it has a slot for mail with a box holding the mail on the inside, has special brackets on the inside to put a 2x6 horizontal wood to stop people from storming through the doors (don't know why someone would do that when its much easier to break the glass window). The trims are all rotted from termites - termites were treated but now the wood is weak.

Anyone know of a good carpenter in Miami area that is a true craftman? I would appreciate any contact information.

Thanks,

MC

Reply to
MiamiCuse

Try Federal Millwork in Ft. Lauderdale. They wouldn't do the work, but they could probably recommend a few top notch carpenters that could easily repair your door. They also can manufacture the trim, it may even be a stock item.

Woodsy

Reply to
Woodsy

No suggestions, but thought you might like to know that the brackets might be more about hurricanes than about theft...

Harvey

Reply to
eclipsme