Whose Blades fit the HF Multitool?

I picked up the HF Multitool/multimaster knockoff, the single speed variety and thought that I heard here that the Dremel blades would fit. Well, the Dremel blade did not fit the HF tool. Obviously the HF blades will fit the HF tool, but are there any other blades that will fit it?

Thanks

Mike

Reply to
Goose

Not being a wise guy here, but why do you want other blades to fit your HF tool? They sell all the same profiles as the other manufacturers in their brand, and all of them that I have used have proven to be very serviceable and inexpensive.

Just wondering...

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

The Dremel blades *I* bought fit the HF tool.

What Dremel style did not fit?

Reply to
HeyBub

It can happen. The HF store is 11.5 miles from my house; Home Depot is 1.5 miles.

An hour trip-time vs. ten minutes is sometimes the deciding factor.

Reply to
HeyBub

On Mon, 3 May 2010 19:00:13 -0700 (PDT), Goose wrote the following:

My client picked up the Dremel and we found out that my HF blades wouldn't fit it, and vice versa. I've heard (but haven't tried) that the Makita, HF, and -some- Fein blades are interchangeable.

-- All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit. --Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thats strange the Dremel blades fit my HF tool. Have they changed the design of the HF? The Bosch blades fit my HF tool as well. Both can be bought at Home Depot.

Reply to
Evodawg

I don't know which model or type is interchangeable, but I do know they changed the head on the HF multitool from its earliest rendition.

It now has the two dogs milled into the face for additional holding as well as orientation purposes. Perhaps that is the difference. The earlier HF models didn't have the dogs, and the blades just slipped over the mandrel and were secured.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

I have the "newer" HF Multitool, single speed, and it does have two pins on either side of the hole where the mounting bolt is placed. The Dremel blades had the slots but were closer in to the mounting bolt than the ones on the HF tool. HD did not have the straight cutting Bosch blade, they were out when I was there.

Yes, the basic reason is that HF is 15 miles away and HD is 1. I needed a blade quick, so I tried the Dremel blade, fortunately HD takes back most anything they sell. This evening I will be making a longer run out to the local HF and pick up a couple more blades so that I can always have a sharp one on hand. Great little tool, but those straight cutting blades do not like to eat through nails.

Reply to
Goose

"Goose" wrote

Yes, the basic reason is that HF is 15 miles away and HD is 1. I needed a blade quick, so I tried the Dremel blade, fortunately HD takes back most anything they sell. This evening I will be making a longer run out to the local HF and pick up a couple more blades so that I can always have a sharp one on hand. Great little tool, but those straight cutting blades do not like to eat through nails. ===============

Have you tried to sharpen the blades?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Not yet, Since I only had one blade (the one that came with it) I wanted to get another so that I had a backup blade to change to when I was using it, instead of having to get out the rotary tool and "sharpen" it during use.

Reply to
Goose

Remember too, that HF will ship to your door. I have done that when they have had some online specials, and they don't gouge on the shipping.

Try the straight bi-metal blades. Not bad. They cut smaller nails pretty easily and last pretty well. Not Milwaukee Sawzall or Blu-Mol by any means, but they are quite serviceable.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41