HF blades for Dremel oscillating tool

HF blades are about half the cost of Dremel’s. Any hands-on experie nce with the HF version beyond the usual buyer beware? I don’t use the Dremel often.
On 12/29/2018 12:16 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:

Larry, I seem to find a use for my Bosch multi-tool in just about every project I tackle. Like many others, I wonder how I ever got along without it.
That said, blades ARE expensive. My solution has been to bide my time and buy whatever is out there on sale in quantity when they are available.
You're in my neck of the woods (more or less) so I'd recommend the occasional trip to your local Menard's. I think the last three or four purchases have been their sale items. Not unusual to pick up a rather large assortment packed in a nice plastic container and pay less than.t $20.
No experience, that I recall, with Harbor Freight. Basic premise is treat the blades as disposables and don't view the purchase as buying a Forrest WW II. Buy quantity vs. quality
Hey, UC ... where’s your neck of the woods? I am in Fox Point WI
On 12/30/2018 2:42 AM, Gramps' shop wrote:

General area of Midwest. We're down in Illinois, about 15 miles south of Lake Geneva. Knew that you were up in Milwaukee/Milwaukee area so I knew you had access to Menard's
On 12/29/18 12:16 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:

In my experience the HF blades aren't very good at all. I'll stop short of saying "junk." I used to buy the Dremel blades because of the lower cost but soon realized they aren't much better than HF blades.
For my work, the cheap blades are a liability and I pretty much only buy the OEM ones for my Fein. I notice a YUUUUUGE difference in cut quality and speed with the Fein's.
-
-MIKE-
"Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life" --Elvin Jones (1927-2004) -- www.mikedrums.com
It takes all of 3 minutes to cut random teeth into a dull blade with a Dremel and an abrasive wheel. Save your old blades and sit down once a month in front of your workbench or kitchen table.
On Saturday, December 29, 2018 at 10:19:43 PM UTC-5, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

I don't know what your kitchen looks like, but I don't think I'll be scattering metal chips across mine any time soon. ;-)
On 12/30/2018 9:49 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Whatsamatta? SWMBO rarely leaves you home alone? ;)
I think a high quality bimetal blade is not expensive, if you consider cost over the lifetime of the blade. A fein bimetal blade will outlast 6 or 8 HF blades and you can keep working instead of having to stop and change bla des. this principal applies to just about any tool that uses a blade. Che ap is not cheap.
On 12/29/2018 1:16 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:

I use them often. I can't compare with other brands since the HF brand is all I have ever used. I have used them for rough and fine cuts in hardwood, softwood and drywall. Even used the metal cutters on nails (16d) and they cut right through them. Though, they dull fast after doing several nails. For me, they get the job done. Perhaps one day I'll do a test comparing them to major brands. Then again, there may be someone who has already done so with a You Tube video.