What was the BEST tip you learned here at the Wreck?

I haven't had much chance to be out in the shop for a while now, but about a week ago, I went out there and my workbench was full of junk, tools, pencils, etc. I know I put all of that away the last time I was out there, I never leave the shop without putting everything away.

I think my tools are migrating for the winter.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

Brian Henderson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

If you used a nice warm wood for the workbench top rather than a cold metal for the drawers, it's no wonder they're migrating. It's cold! :-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

The one real disadvantage to making your chisels and such Scary Sharp is that if you happen to brush against the edge, there's no pain. The first sign that you've cut yourself is seeing drops of blood appearing on your work.

Here's another tip: hydrogen peroxide does a great job of removing bloodstains from wood. DAMHIKT. Or *why* I know this...

Reply to
Doug Miller

Reply to
nospambob

Hi Bruce,

I do the reviews for one primary reason: I want to have the best products. I figure there's no better way to do this than buy the competitive products and do the analysis. I've been doing it since the first competitive products came out (some of which are no longer in business). The things I have learned have been used to make my products better.

I decided to publish these reviews on my web site several years ago because of the lack of published information on alignment tools. There were no comparative magazine reviews and the information on competitive web sites was pretty minimal. I knew that people wanted this data because they were calling me and asking for it. There has been one comparative magazine review since then (Wood, 9/2003) but it was pretty short on technical details and accuracy.

I recently updated the MasterGage review. I wouldn't say it was under ideal circumstances! What can I say? You can really learn a lot about your competitors when you give the public a detailed look at their products. Sometimes know> Yup!

Reply to
ejb