Best of wreck website

Hey all,

I'm a troller, but I've found this group to be a very useful source of information.

One thing I've always wished for was a dynamic place to get some of the more carefully thought out posts.

So I created my website:

me know what you think. It's just a beginning, but I guess I'm trying to guage interest. Would anyone care?

So far, I've focussed on tool talk, since it's seems sometimes that's what most of the posts are about. I also want to add handtools, tips, funny stories...

I remember someone once posted a story about using a router to mix a cake. Very funny. Wasn't able to find it though. Closest I got was that David F. Eisan claimed credit.

Anyway, let me know. What's it missing? Should I bother? Got any favorite posts? Now that I'm thinking about it, a funny stories section would be good. What're your favorite stories?

Again:

(sorry I didn't have more imagination on picking the name)

Miles snipped-for-privacy@planetmiles.com

Reply to
miles

Here it is, and I did write it.

kklaric

These are good ones,

The instigator,

reply,

kklaric

Nah, you're a trawler. Different critter entirely.

MrAoD

On 6 Mar 2004 18:26:11 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@planetmiles.com (miles) scribbled:

Pretty good, but please drop the frames. A lot of people hate them (me included).

You can link directly to the Anti-FAQ (see sig), rather than to the google post.

How could I forget that one! It will be added to my humour page.

I also already have a page of humorous links (also see sig). You're welcome to link to them.

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

What is the peeve with the frames Luigi? I use them on my site and, other than stopping people from direct referencing a page, I don't see what the issue is.

cheers,

Groggy

Reply to
Greg Millen

"other than"?

That's enough for me. When I want to bookmark some info on a site, I want to be able to go directly to that info, not have to go to the main page then poke around looking for it.

Life-or-death? No. Annoying? Definitely. :-) Just my tuppence worth. Mike Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

Reply to
Mike Patterson

It may be the screen resolution or whatever, but the page does not fit my screen and I have to scroll the page side to side to read it.

Frames suck.

them (me

and, other

Reply to
DanG

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 10:17:22 -0500, Mike Patterson scribbled:

Plus other sites' web pages are often hard to read when linked to within a frame because they are designed for a full screen. So they don't "work" within someone else's frames, and you often have to scroll to read a full line.

Plus, using some browsers, it's impossible to get out of the frames even when you use the "Back" button. You have to open a new window. This was the case with "About.com" when I was using IE. Haven't been back there for a long time, and probably won't.

Frames would be fine if there are no links to other sites, or if there is some way to unload them when you link to another site.

Like Mike said, annoying, not life-or-death.