Veritas Jointer Blade Sharpener

I am thinking about buying this sucker to sharpen my jointer knives.

had my knives sharpened at Woodcraft and I was VERY unhappy with the quality of the sharpening and the service (SLOW).

I just tried sharpening my knives by using a block of wood, cut at the bevel angle, and holding the blade firmly against the wood with downward pressure and moving back and forth over a wetstone. The results I obtained doing this were significantly better than the woodcraft sharpening service. Plus it only took me 45 min or so. I think I could do an even better job with the Veritas jig.

Anyone out there use that sucker ta sharpen your blades??

Reply to
stoutman

I haven't used it but I own one. I went away from Scary Sharp and moved to stones. None of my stones are big enough for a jointer knife. If you're interested I'll sell it to you for $30 (it's $45 online) plus whatever shipping costs. It's still in the wrapper, I got it for a Christmas present.

My email is "orders 4 mjs AT cableone DOT net" (yes, "4" not "four"). Let me know if you're interested.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Idaho

Here's a review of the jig:

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews
6 Reviews:

- Veritas (LV) Medium Shoulder Plane

- Book: Scroll Saw Fundamentals

- Ryobi BT3100K Table Saw System

- Senco 41XP Finish Nailer (Review Update)

- Porter Cable NS150A Narrow Crown Stapler

- Book: Popular Mechanics Shelving & Storage

www