SWMBO & a gloat

A few weeks ago SWMBO suggests that since she will be off work last Tuesday/Wednesday that we go "leaf watching". We live in SE PA so I check fallinpa.com and map out a trip through Jim Thorpe, Hazelton, Bloomsburg, Sunbury etc.

I suggest we stay at an inn and book a room at the Inn at Turkey Hill (Bloomsburg, PA). Whirlpool for two, cloth robes and a very nice menu.

Last Tuesday we depart on our two day trip. Lunch at Jim Thorp, plenty of back road driving with no traffic. Check in at the Inn, check out the whirlpool tub. Have a great dinner, good wine, wonderful service, fine help and good management.

On Wednesday we check out and start another sunny day of backroad driving again with no traffic.

I planned a stop at the Lycoming Mall (those who know) to visit Grizzly Tool. SWMBO's only complaint is that they need an outlet mall next door not just a regular one. Did lots of tool browsing and some tool buying.

Yes it was fine two days watching the colors! Can't wait 'til next year!

Reply to
Howard

What color tools did you buy? Tom

Reply to
tom

Hi Howard,

Grew up in Shamokin (PA) so you know wher I'm coming from! Graduated from Bloom in '69.

Been trying to get my SWMBO to a "fall outing/color" trip for a couple years now - trying to get near Grizzly's Muncey outlet - north of Sunbury.

She's been a little ahead of me so far...

That is great country tho - especially this time of year.

The Holiday Inn Express in Pottsville is a nice spot to bed down. Yes (for all you beer types) that is where Yeungling is made.

As a kid, I remember that we did not have AC - didn't need it with the cool mountain air in the evenings.

Hmmm....

Thanks Howard.

Lou

Reply to
loutent

Hey, I lived in Pottsville til I was 15. Still like to go back & visit the area periodically. What about that hotel in the old Pomeroy's building, aren't they still in business?

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

Especially the Grizzly Green, no doubt.

Gary

Reply to
gary
[snip]>

LOML and I were in Ottawa some years ago and my cousin from Deep River, Ont. took us on a tour of a rather grand park near there. It was fall and the leaves were turning and the pubs were in full bloom. Now that we live way up the hill in SoCal, we get the maples and oaks changing. This is my favorite time of the year. If only there was a good pub nearby. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn