A little gloat

Well after lurking for a while I finally have something to gloat over.

I am currently making a new vanity for our bathrrom and after futzing with the HF dado I had in plywood I decided I needed a better set. After much searching I finally found the Freud SD508 for $40 cheaper than Amazon had it (Man those thing went up in price quick) and ordered it. Northwestern had it scheduled for delivery this past friday. Wednesday the place I work for managed to get us our bonuses for both the first and second quarter, just enough to pay for that new dado blade. Arrived Friday and it is sweet. This is just good luck but it sure is nice to have a tool paid for without having to use the salary for it.

Now the gloat Saturday, we where estate saleing when SWMBO noticed they were redoing an old Picadilly restaraunt and had placed what she thought were all cabinets out by the dumpster. Driving up they turned out to be the benches for the place. Turned out I couldn't do much with them however I managed to grab the table tops for the place. 30" wide about 4' long, two layers of 3/4" particle wood trimmed in hardwood (oak and maple) with Laminate for the top. 13 in all. I think these our going to make real sturdy benches and tool stand tops (can you say router table). Also in the haul were some Hunter ceiling fans, The

70 pound cast iron versions that you have to oil. Two of those so far but I saw some more inside that I am sure are going to the dumpster (They are just ripping things out and pitching whatever). I am going to have to reinforce the ceiling boxes to support these things.
Reply to
Opus

Opus wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The iron Hunter fan that was here when we bought the house was heavy enough that the installer had sistered a 2x6 to the rafter, and used heavy duty hanging hardware right into the rafters. When I replaced it, I understood exactly why.

A ceiling box is not going to support those beasts. Count on additional struts.

BTW, good haul!

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch