Which router fence

I've had a home built router fence for some years now that I am looking to replace. It has been fine, except that I find myself doing a lot more edge forming and jointing these days, and having to shim the outfeed table is a major pain. I would like a new fence where I can adjust the in and outfeed fences separately and without shims. Aside from Freud are there any options? Any opinions on them?

Thanks, Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Crabtree

I've not seen the Freud but none of those specifically for router tables I have seen were worth anything--no way to keep them parallel for starters.

I use the fence from the Delta LD shaper w/ a modified mounting bracket. I have on occasion seen them on eBay for not much as there isn't a high demand for the smaller shapers.

Sorry I don't have any router-specific suggestions...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Andrew Crabtree wrote: Aside from Freud are there any

Yes. Check out Jointech and Incra fences. I have the Twin Linear from Incra. It has separate fences that can be offset an ungodly amount. You can find Incra at Woodpeckers which is

I like my Incra tremendously. there are newer models than the one I have.

Dave

Reply to
David

Reply to
Pat Barber

Reply to
Leon

Crap, I completely forgot about the incra offerings. I'm going to have to get permission for that one :(

Thanks, Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Crabtree

I have two home-built fences; one is solid and one is split. The split one is adjustable on the outfeed side, with two knobs that tighten it, with about 1/8 inch adjust. It works fine, and is easy to adjust. I use a straightedge to check on my alignment.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Peterson

I'll second the praises of Incra. Saved up the pennies for a long time and put the Wonder Fence in combination with a table saw fence. It is not cheap but is well worth the investment. At the very least join their e-mail club (its free). They put different things on sale each week only to those who belong. The package I purchased was discounted over 10% and had free shipping.

Daryl

Andrew Crabtree wrote:

Reply to
daryl1138

Tell her it would be the last router fence you'll ever need.

Dave

Reply to
David

Seems to me you could use a 2x4 with veneer (poster board, etc.) glued to one end, but I certainly understand the pleasure of spending money. The Veritas fence is supposed to be good and you can buy little jointing shims for it.

?c=2&p=41801&cat=1,43053,43885,42837&ap=1Mark

Reply to
Mark Wells

Yes. JoinTech. In and outfeed fences each adjustable. For other work - replacable zero clearance inserts, positionalble in 0.001 in increments ... And you can do dovetails and box/finger joints AND sliding dovetails etc.. Have one and it works great.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b