Tree growth rings disprove that the earth is warmer now than during Roman times and or even 1000 years ago.

If you give a hungry man a book, he can feed himself for a day. If you teach a hungry man to read, he's still hungry.

Reply to
HeyBub

Huh?

There are NO federal regulations on fracking and never have been. There was nothing to bypass, by Big Oil or anybody else. Licenses are not issued by anybody for fracking. In addition, Congress has never been involved in fracking, either in favor or in opposition.

Further, most fracking extractions are not owned or operated by Big Oil - they were developed by independent operators who sell the output to NG production companies, most of which have no connection to the seven major oil companies.

If you have any information to the contrary, I'd be really interested in seeing it.

Reply to
HeyBub

Ok, I see I still haven't conveyed the message I was trying for yet.

So perhaps I should define my terms?

Great Unwashed Masses - laymen, the common man, those who never read a book, but vote. You know, morons.

Theory - what someone says that they disagree with.

Proof - what someone said that they DO agree with

Science - some mystical religion that makes no sense.

Gravitation - yet anotehr four syllable word (that makes no sense)

Reply to
Richard

"HeyBub" wrote in news:oJqdncYqjuLvV5TNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Congress has seen fit to strip NASA of the monies needed to make a replacement for the shuttle. Whether right or wrong, the slack should soon be taken up by private enterprise, it seems from my following of space faring. Because Congress didn't act, the Russians are doing an excellent job of filling the hiatus in US capabilities. Another advantage of the collaboration with the Russians is enhanced understanding of each other. We're not living in the cold war anymore!! (Which doen't mean we should abandon defense, just that we should adjust priorities).

Reply to
Han

"HeyBub" wrote in news:gd-dnSunt9aeVpTNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

If that is really true, it may mean a) that our future is guaranteed in terms of energy from NG. Or, b) that the free market system of supply and demand isn't quite working, or at least has some hysteresis in it.

Some may be, others are getting screwed. The mineral rights are sometimes divorced from the surface property rights, and even if the property owners own the mineral rights, the fracking lawyers are "smarter" than the old folks sitting in their rocking chairs, or trying to make ends meet on a damaged farm.

Reply to
Han

Actually, that was more likely Richard Nixon. He was the one who killed the Apollo program.

The Shuttle, while impressive LOOKING, was a giant leap backwards in performance.

Reply to
Richard

"HeyBub" wrote in news:MrOdnddJV8B0UZTNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

I believe there are federal regulations that apply to fracking, but mostly they are local (state or smaller entities). I believe that fracking in PA requires some permits, and that the companies are bypassing them by trucking their wastes to OH, or at least interstate between 2 states. It would be good to have federal regulations (if they were sufficient, reasonable, consistent, and intelligible), so that everyone everywhere would be subject to the same rules. Now it is too easy to circumvent the rules, or say, oh I diodn't know ...

Reply to
Han

Anyone interested in the issue should read the IPCC findings on what a poor job they had been doing themselves with regard to, but not limited to, the following:

Conflicts of interest; disregarding of controversial review comments; genuine controversies not being adequately reflected in their reports; not following their own guidelines about policies formulated on statements of high confidence, but little evidence; lack of transparency; due consideration not given to properly documented alternative views; not policing unpublished and non-peer-reviewed sources; lack of procedures to changes to reduce opportunities for political interference with scientific results; not ensuring that the main conclusions in its assessment reports are underpinned by appropriately referenced peer-reviewed sources or, to the greatest extent practical, by openly accessible databases.

The recommending of these interdepartmental changes is arguably a tacit admission that many of their previous reports may have been based on flawed science, were not peer reviewed, and many may have been politically motivated.

Interesting reading, considering the source ... the mother of the AGW movement:

else would you expect ... "trust but verify", without the verification, is naught but a fool's practice.

Reply to
Swingman

>> What else would you expect ... "trust but verify", without the

Unfortunately, the horses... pulling a carriage full of politically corrupt government mandates designed to redistribute global wealth and make Al Gore incredibly wealthy (his will not be redistributed, however)... have already left the barn.

Reply to
-MIKE-

They're the type who forgot that they were supposed to be neutral and "took sides", accepting The True Belief about AGWK.

P.S: Genetic scientists are also adept at splitting hares.

-- Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Without a common language communication is impossible. If you aren't willing to speak in at least a consistent language, well, you get where we are. That doesn't make it something to cherish.

Reply to
krw

Right.

Like I said, Obama has outsourced our transportation to the Russians.

Reply to
HeyBub

You make an excellent point - if it was true. There are virtually NO "damaged" farms directly attributable to fracking. If you know of one, I'd sure like to hear about it.

Reply to
HeyBub

You're sorta correct and I misspoke. There are STATE regulations on fracking but there are NO federal regulations on fracking. A lot of people in eastern Pennsylvania are getting rich from fracked natural gas while their neighbors, just across the state line in western New York are really pissed because New York doesn't allow the process.

In the early days of fracking, there was some waste; companies dumped the semi-polluted water anywhere they pleased. Now, however, all the water used is reclaimed. There is NO waste connected with fracking.

Reply to
HeyBub

"HeyBub" wrote in news:Fo- dnfZJONKjxJbNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Like I said, NASA didn't have the money (long before Obama) to properly plan for a shuttle successor. Seems like a good solution to me to contract (together with a whole lot of other countries) with the Russians to arrange for transportation for astronauts of all nationalities to ride Russian rockets, which happen to be of excellent quality. Mishaps with freighters don't count, certainly in view of the 2 US shuttle losses with a whole bunch of people on board (I am concerned those were preventable). As far as I can tell, the "outsourcing" was totally arranged under Bush.

Reply to
Han

"HeyBub" wrote in news:KK2dncYkDJWdx5bNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Why don't you look?

Reply to
Han

"HeyBub" wrote in news:VZSdnYqSkvZVxpbNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

There was until recently at least a scarcity of effective regulation of waste disposal. I don't believe that there is no waste with fracking. You mean to say that all the drilling fluids and all the fracking fluids disappear into the earth? That I do not believe. I am hopeful that the wastes are disposed of in compliance with all regulations, but I am fearful that they still truck waste out of the state where it cannot be dumped to states where it IS "legal".

I am sure there are people who are jealous of the money made by others over in the next state. Just like there are people furious they signed contracts they didn't understand, and who are stiffed out of what they thought they were going to get. Legal and all that stuff, but still ...

Reply to
Han

Han, are you really asking him to prove a negative with a straight face?

Reply to
krw

NASA people shat in their own nest too many times to save, damnit.

One of yours talked about that in an article in 2010. A liberal Denver Post Aurora Sentinel opinion piece by lifelong Democrat Chuck Green.

--snip-- Green: Obama is a victim of Bush's failed promises

27, 2010.

By CHUCK GREEN Columnist | 6 comments

Barack Obama is setting a record-setting number of records during his first year in office.

Largest budget ever. Largest deficit ever. Largest number of broken promises ever. Most self-serving speeches ever. Largest number of agenda-setting failures ever. Fastest dive in popularity ever.

Wow. Talk about change.

Just one year ago, fresh from his inauguration celebrations, President Obama was flying high. After one of the nation?s most inspiring political campaigns, the election of America?s first black president had captured the hopes and dreams of millions. To his devout followers, it was inconceivable that a year later his administration would be gripped in self-imposed crisis.

Of course, they don?t see it as self imposed. It?s all George Bush?s fault.

George Bush, who doesn?t have a vote in Congress and who no longer occupies the White House, is to blame for it all.

He broke Obama?s promise to put all bills on the White House web site for five days before signing them.

He broke Obama?s promise to have the congressional health care negotiations broadcast live on C-SPAN.

He broke Obama?s promise to end earmarks.

He broke Obama?s promise to keep unemployment from rising above 8 percent.

He broke Obama?s promise to close the detention center at Guantanamo in the first year.

He broke Obama?s promise to make peace with direct, no pre-condition talks with America?s most hate-filled enemies during his first year in office, ushering in a new era of global cooperation.

He broke Obama?s promise to end the hiring of former lobbyists into high White House jobs.

He broke Obama?s promise to end no-compete contracts with the government.

He broke Obama?s promise to disclose the names of all attendees at closed White House meetings.

He broke Obama?s promise for a new era of bipartisan cooperation in all matters.

He broke Obama?s promise to have chosen a home church to attend Sunday services with his family by Easter of last year.

Yes, it?s all George Bush?s fault. President Obama is nothing more than a puppet in the never-ending, failed Bush administration.

If only George Bush wasn?t still in charge, all of President Obama?s problems would be solved. His promises would have been kept, the economy would be back on track, Iran would have stopped its work on developing a nuclear bomb and would be negotiating a peace treaty with Israel, North Korea would have ended its tyrannical regime, and integrity would have been restored to the federal government.

Oh, and did I mention what it would be like if the Democrats, under the leadership of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, didn?t have the heavy yoke of George Bush around their necks. There would be no earmarks, no closed-door drafting of bills, no increase in deficit spending, no special-interest influence (unions), no vote buying (Nebraska, Louisiana).

If only George Bush wasn?t still in charge, we?d have real change by now.

All the broken promises, all the failed legislation and delay (health care reform, immigration reform) is not President Obama?s fault or the fault of the Democrat-controlled Congress. It?s all George Bush?s fault.

Take for example the decision of Eric Holder, the president?s attorney general, to hold terrorists? trials in New York City. Or his decision to try the Christmas Day underpants bomber as a civilian.

Two disastrous decisions.

Certainly those were bad judgments based on poor advice from George Bush.

Need more proof?

You might recall that when Scott Brown won last month?s election to the U.S. Senate from Massachusetts, capturing ?the Ted Kennedy seat,? President Obama said that Brown?s victory was the result of the same voter anger that propelled Obama into office in 2008. People were still angry about George Bush and the policies of the past 10 years, and they wanted change.

Yes, according to the president, the voter rebellion in Massachusetts last month was George Bush?s fault.

Therefore, in retaliation, they elected a Republican to the Ted Kennedy seat, ending a half-century of domination by Democrats.

It is all George Bush?s fault.

Will the failed administration of George Bush ever end, and the time for hope and change ever arrive?

Will President Obama ever accept responsibility for something ? anything?

Chuck Green, veteran Colorado journalist and former editor-in-chief of The Denver Post, syndicates a statewide column and is at snipped-for-privacy@msn.com

--snip--

the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -- Albert Camus

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 05:45:57 -0700, Larry Jaques

Now I get it. You only visit here to whine.

Reply to
Dave