Tree growth rings disprove that the earth is warmer now than during Roman times and or even 1000 years ago.

LOL. Well, almost. I kinda skipped the part about the hypothesis coming first. But in this crowd ...

Anyway, thanks for the Minwax!

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Jeeze, what'd he do to deserve _that_ nasty punishment, Swingy?

-- Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai

Reply to
Larry Jaques

See "Gasland" movie for tons of 'em.

All the fracking frackers are interested in is a windfall profit

-this- year. Nothing else seems to matter.

-- Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai

Reply to
Larry Jaques

And a comedian that best played a person with a reality similar to that of a "duck", one that wakes up in a new world every day, Jack Handy, AKA someone in government and fits in well.

Reply to
Leon

there are many occurrences of this occurring before fracking was common. so?

there are about 20k fracked wells, and a handful of problems. all of the problems occurred because the regs weren't followed.

Reply to
chaniarts

A minor issue ... your point rose well above any semantic argument.

Excluded, of course, is any anticipated use on cherry ... ;)

Reply to
Swingman

Seems like that was the same problem we ran into with nuclear power...

Reply to
Richard

The point of the "semantic argument" was that not all "theories" are created equal. The "theory of AGW" is no such thing, regardless of what the AGW nuts say. It is an hypothesis, no more. The "Theory of Gravitation" is the counterexample. The issue is science, not religion.

Reply to
krw

Where 'em == fiction or fraud.

Nonsense.

Reply to
krw

He didn't say "unions".

Reply to
krw

Undoubtedly so, but even if usage triples, that's still a 60 year supply :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Since there is no absolute proof of aynthing, that charge can be flung at both sides in any debate - it's meaningless.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Well, that's a couple of things we agree on :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

While that is all perfectly true, one must always consider the audience when writing anything.

Say "hi-poth-o-sys" and watch eyes glaze over before the last syllable comes out. The great unwashed masses just don't "get it".

But they know the words "theory" and "proof" (if not the meanings).

By the way, would you like a fresh can of Minwax? I seem to have a surplus here...

Reply to
Richard

Proof of religion. Now there's a concept worthy of only an AGW freak.

Reply to
krw

OK, let's stipulate that in laymen's terms "theory" becomes "proof" and "hypothesis" becomes "theory". We can't talk about the "Theory of gravitation" and the "theory of AGW" with equivalence. The former becomes the "proof (or law) of gravity"; it has been "proven". You gotta be consistent with your terms or all meaning goes out the window (the whole purpose of moral equivalence - to make all meaning disappear). Science just doesn't work that way.

;-)

Reply to
krw

Yabbut, some scientist are apparently equally adept at splitting hairs, as splitting atoms.

Reply to
Swingman

Hook up a couple of horses - but no, they have "pollution" coming out of the "tail pipe" too.

And its not exactly invisible either.

Reply to
Richard

We still do space. But Obama has outsourced our transportation to the Russians.

Reply to
HeyBub

Ah, but we're FINDING recoverable gas at eleven times the rate we're USING the gas.

As for the folks living NEAR the wells, they're getting rich from the royalties.

Reply to
HeyBub