Tree growth rings disprove that the earth is warmer now than during Roman times and or even 1000 years ago.

IOW, "Here's how _we_ want you to construe our findings..." rather than letting people go with the facts. Riiiiiiiiiiight.

-- Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Some areas get most of their groundwater replenished and most of their yearly rainfall from hurricanes. How is that *not* better? Maybe the answer is to quit building human habitation in areas below sea level. I'm sorry, but I have little to no sympathy for those in New Orleans who were warned generation after generation to get the F#@k out of the area because there are hurricanes every year. That's a big f-n "DUH!" in anyone's book except those who think other people and the government is responsible for solving their own problems.

Reply to
-MIKE-

It can be either if you simply manipulate to hockey stick to fit your agenda.

Reply to
-MIKE-

When barges are seen going by *above* people's heads, it tell me that it's not where I want to live. Then there's Holland.

Reply to
krw

On a global scale (which is the way one should consider global warming), a slightly warmer globe would not be a problem, it would be a good thing.

Reply to
Just Wondering

Part of the question is, assuming the globe is warming, on a global scale is that even a problem? In historical times there have been times that the globe was warmer than it is now, and it was not a problem before.

Reply to
Just Wondering

Richard wrote in news:BL-dnb_92OMd-

5rNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

We'll be mining asteroids for the mierals pretty soon, and all (ahem) pollution will occur outside Earth's atmosphere.

Reply to
Han

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Well, there is a "re" in research ...

That is indeed a factoid (if it isindeed true - have to stay at least as skeptical as others) that I cannot explain, but it has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the unassailable fact that we are generating CO2 by burning wood and fossil fuels. It seems to me to be logical to conclude that that CO2 is at least contributing to the roughly doubled quantity of CO2 in the atmosphere, and that such CO2 could be at least one factor in the global warming process.

Reply to
Han

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yebbut ...

Wobble or changes in earth's orbit as well as change sin the sun's output lead to changes in absorbed energy of the earth. That warming can release stored CO2 (or methane). Then the released greenhouse gases exacerbate the warming trends. So the primary effect (orbital change- induced warming) might have been much smaller than the amplified effects due to greenhouse gases. But I'm just a retired scientist, and never studied climatology at the high end.

Reply to
Han

-MIKE- wrote in news:ju7shm$9i6$1 @speranza.aioe.org:

You sound like my wife. That's a compliment, Mike!

Reply to
Han

Just Wondering wrote in news:5007d757$0$31718$ snipped-for-privacy@usenet-news.net:

Chicken little says it very well could be a problem. There is a lot of mass here, and a little warming is easily absorbed. The question may be whether there is a tipping point, and where that is. Little ice ages and warmer periods have occurred regularly (Pinatubo eruption had a small but measurable effect). The real Cassandras say that if the arctic thaws, so much methane may get released from frozen hydrates that we will get big warming on a global scale. Etc, etc.

Reply to
Han

Just Wondering wrote in news:5007d6c9$0$31718$882e7ee2 @usenet-news.net:

That depends. If there is enough irrigation water around, perhaps no problem, but here in the US we are depleting aquifers already. If there is going to be less snow in the mountains, there will be less of a summertime reservoir of water (it will have run off the mountains before spring is finished).

Reply to
Han

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:511ff$5007f9b0$4b75eb81$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET:

Reply to
Han

Oh, but increased CO2 IS helping. Plants.

Plants grow faster and bigger at increased CO2 levels.

And *IF* CO2 contributes to global warming, the benefits of increased CO2 may outweight the hazards. For example, the growing season(s) could extend - Canada may be able to get three wheat crops instead of two. Second, far more untimely deaths can be attributed to cold than heat. Next, places like Minnesota and upstate New York may become habitable.

Adapt, overcome, continue.

Reply to
HeyBub

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 07:43:39 -0500, "HeyBub"

More growing season *if* water levels remain available to sustain that growing season. Like many places in the US we Canadians are experiencing drought like conditions in many areas.

Reply to
Dave

Solar steel smelting in space. Super!

-- Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Theoretically. The politically sensitive liberal groups of "scientists" endorse it, but it has not yet been proven to real scientists. Solar output can be tracked. And if warming can release stored CO2, why is man being blamed for it, hmmm? There goes your anthropogenicity. (new word? ;)

You're a scientist, yet you do not question these theories and ask for proof?

-- Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Which is why I cannot fathom that the greenies aren't all over coal production. It's the single worst offender in the clean air scene.

-- Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai

Reply to
Larry Jaques

OMG, polluting other worlds?! Shipping jobs to other planets?! The greenies and other Democrats aren't going to like that, at all!

Reply to
krw

And if we continue to destroy aquifers with fracking, the USA will have little to no drinkable or farmable water available. I worry about that 1,000 times more than AGWK.