Selling my shop

Hi folks, I'm back (for a bit anyway). SWMBO (aka LOML aka Maggy) and I have decided that snow and cold for 4 to 6 months of the year are no longer put-uppable. We are going to downsize and move withing walking distance of the beach (hopefully) in the Oceanside/Carlsbad area of California (think between San Diego and LA). We have sold our home in Green Valley Lake (in escrow) and have put in bids on smaller places. Hence downsizing the equipment makes sense. Are there reputable companies that will bid on my stuff? Any of you guys want to buy my stuff? This is cash and carry only. A partial list:

PM 66 10" cabinet saw Oneida V-System 2hp vacuum chip collector with miles of steel tubing Grizzly G500 8" jointer Craftsman lathe, 4 speed, 36" (spindle to tailstock) Craftsman 10" radial arm saw with blades Craftsman 1/2" shaper with cutters Delta 14" cabinet band saw (includes 3/16 and 1/2 blades)

and other stuff. Everything is less that 20 years old. If anyone is interested, I will give you an excellent price. If you know of a company that will come and get it, I would appreciate the info.

TIA, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Welcome back ... long time no see!

Reply to
Swingman

If you would simply move to the Texas gulf coast you can probably find a house with 3 car garage twice as big as the one you are selling for half the price. ;~)

Oh and no state income tax, oh and not every thing here causes cancer, no earth quakes, usually. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I am sure sorry you live on the wrong coast.

I would also give this site a shot.

The Craftsman/Grizzly stuff will not be a hot mover but the PM and the Oneida and Delta are definite maybe's.

Go here and post:

are hundreds/thousands of people that visit that site.

Reply to
Pat Barber

Expect about 20-30 cents on the dollar of what you paid and craigs or ebay = will eventually take them away. Pretty much requires very good luck to do a= ny better than that although it is possible but not usually quickly. I was = buying and selling a lot over the last few years as I upgraded al my equip = and found it pretty consistent.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

RE: Subject

Talk to Scott at Battels Hd'we in Whittier.

562-698-3714

They do a brisk business in used tools.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

California?

Housing is astonishingly high, taxes (sales, gasoline, cigarette, income, etc.) are 50% higher than the national average, public service (cops, firefighters, health inspectors, etc.) is starting to break down as cities go bankrupt, things you've grown used to over the years can't be had for love or money (oil-based paints, assault weapons, etc.), marauding aliens threaten peace and prosperity, and there are hippies on every street corner (not to mention more pot dispensaries than Starbucks).

Conversely, anything on the Gulf Coast (Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, or Florida) and the southern east coast (Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas) would love to have you and will strive to make your life pleasant.

Wherever you end up, best of luck to you.

Reply to
HeyBub

will eventually take them away. Pretty much requires very good luck to do any better than that although it is possible but not usually quickly. I was buying and selling a lot over the last few years as I upgraded al my equip and found it pretty consistent.

It depends VERY much on the brand and the quality and the model.

Powermatic will bring top dollar. Oneida will bring top dollar. Delta will bring better than average depending on the model.

I wouldn't expect any less than 50% of retail for most of the above.

Craftsman and Grizzly not so much.

The numbers you mentioned for the above two are about right.

Reply to
Pat Barber