Tradesman Tools

Received my November issue of Wood magazine today. On page 7 is a full page ad for Tradesman Power and Pneumatic Tool available only at Lowe's. I guess this will be there house brand now that Delta is gone. Anyone have any information on Tradesman Tools?

The Old Goat email is dummy. Please reply to group.

Reply to
The Old Goat

I've seen them - Barely a step up from the Chinese GMC crap they pulled.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

Reply to
Grandpa

Ad in a woodworking rag mentioned "Rexon" assume that's the parent company

Reply to
patrick conroy

Unisaw A100

I've used a Tradesman bench drill press, and a Tradesman 8-1/2" Miter saw. Part of a sales rewards program, so there was no other options at the time.

The Drill press is pretty heavy, the motor being most of it. The table is smallist, not very deep, and does not have a geared rise and fall. With large bits the chuck spins on the shaft if too much pressure is used. I've decided not to buy a new chuck, and instead eventually buy a large drill press. Preferably a radial design.

The Mitersaw I recently disassembled the base from the table, relubed it with lithium grease and the saw now operates better than ever. I picked up a Vermont American chop blade from a local habitat for humanity store and wish I had bought all of them. Pretty low tooth count, but fast cutting and clean if done slowly.

The angle setting is visual, so I usually use a drafters triangle for bevels, and relay on the miter scale with its small detents.

I would rate the saw slightly underpowered, but adequate. The capacity is small, with a 8-1/2" blade, I often have to tip up wider pieces to cut all the way edge to edge. I have read a raised platform will also increase width, but decrease height.

The saw is light enough to pack around places, accurate enough that it's me that screws up all the time.. :) Those damn pieces get cut twice and they are STILL too short!

Alan

Reply to
Alan W

Reply to
patrick conroy

Rectum? Hell, it killed him. pa-rum-pum. :-) j4

Reply to
jo4hn

That's one in the list of "First Ten I Learned". Can't say/hear the word w/o thinking of that one!

Reply to
patrick conroy