[post] Nikota tools?

at auto chain stores. Chinese-made, of course.

any observations of Nikotausa tools?

************************* generic site: NIKOTA USA LIMITED ONE-YEAR WARRANTY Nikota USA warrants its Power Tools to be free of defects from workmanship and materials for a period of one year from the date of original purchase. We will repair or replace at our option, any product covered under this warranty that, after inspection, shows to be defective in workmanship or material during the one-year warranty period. (two-year period for some Air Tool). For repair or replacement, return the complete tool with warranty card or purchase receipt, freight prepaid, to Nikota Tools. This warranty does not apply where: The tool has been misused, abused or improperly maintained Repairs are required due to normal wear and tear. Repairs have been attempted or made by others. Alterations have been made to the tool. Commercial and rental application. Any implied warranty, including the implied warranties of "merchantability" and "fitness for a specific purpose," will last only one year from the date of purchase. Under no circumstances shall Nikota USA be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages from the sale or use of the product. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Some states do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights that vary from state from state. Electric Tool: 90-Day limited warranty for commercial and rental purpose. Air Tool: 180- Day Limited warranty for commercial and rental purpose. For more information, please call toll free number: 1-877-4-NIKOTA IMPORTANT: Please ask us for RGA number before you return the defectives so that you can track the transactions. CORPORATE PROFILE NIKOTA U.S.A. is a power tool conglomerate with manufacturing facilities in the vicinity of Shanghai, China. We have private labeled products for several manufacturers in America and Europe since 1970. In 1999, the decision was made to produce products under our own brand. Our products include a variety of cordless drills, saws, sanders, grinders, and screwdrivers, plus electric saws, grinders, sanders, drills, rotary hammers, heat guns, and polishers. Nikota's table-top tools include compound miter saws, drill presses, and chop saws. The product categories expand continuously to meet the needs and requests of our customers, and our dedicated, skilled engineers provide the technological expertise to ensure that we produce efficient, economical and durable products for each application. Twenty percent of our employees are engineers and engineering services who design, test and manufacture to strict quality control standards from beginning materials to the finished product. Nikota U.S.A. tools bearing the symbols of Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. or Canadian Standards Association are listed by their testing laboratories as having complied with their standards. The globally recognized quality system standard was prepared by the International Standardization Organization (ISO), and Nikota U.S.A. is committed to the ISO Quality Standards. Nikota's manufacturing facilities are certified to meet ISO 9001 standards. We enjoy and respect the customer loyalty that we have received, and look forward to new relationships that foster the goals of mutual success with our customers in providing quality power tools, that are reliable and affordable.

Please feel free to contact us by Fax or E-mail regarding any Nikotausa tools. Or you can call us directly with our customer Service at: 1-626-336-1128. NIKOTAUSA

16040 Stephens Street, Building #B, City of Industry, CA 91745 Tel: 626-336-1128 Fax: 626-336-1189 Email: sales @ NikotaUSA.com ********************** found this in ngs: rec.woodworking 2002-10-10 09:31:37 PST Has anyone used, or seen industry reviews of the new Nikota tools. They are cheap in price, and the Tru-Value hardware store owner I spoke with who sells them says they are top notch. I was told by proprietor at Tru-Value that they are a series of engineers who left employ at Makita out of frustration with the company. If that is so, I'm sure the quality is there

(wording looks suspiciously shill-ish)

I've seen a lot on eBay and they look like every other generic Chinese tool.

um..... I think makita does their engineering in japan

**************************
Reviews
Reply to
invalid unparseable

You piss and moan about American jobs, and then you buy Chinese tools? By any chance are you the guy that yells at the Dali Lama "Get out of India" too?

Ned

Reply to
Ned Flanders

I'm not saying you can tell the quality by looking, but you can tell a lot if you know what to look for. If they look good and are so cheap, I'd buy one and check it out, even take it apart. Put it to a severe test, even abuse it a bit. If you are just a casual user it probably doesn't matter what you buy anyway.

Reply to
WasteNotWantNot

Not so. A truly poorly made tool can cause damage. Cheap bits and wrenches can strip the bolts or screws. Poorly made power tools can cause inaccurate results. Wobble in a drill press, for instance, can make oversized holes or cause the piece being held to get pulled away from your hand or clamp.

Junk is junk and can cause injury. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Well, you're absolutely right Ed so one should not buy a TRULY POORLY MADE TOOL. And if you can't tell the difference then you should use the most powerful tool you own, your check book.

Reply to
WasteNotWantNot