The Pointy Stick Compendium Project - URL

Not done by any means but The Pointy Stick Compendium Project is at least "off the ground".

Here's the page for plans

can get back to the Table of Content from there.

charlie b Executive Director The Pointy Stick Compendium Project

Reply to
charlie b

WOW. I didn't know that Jet had released a black pen model. How does it compare to the Delta and Powermatic black pens?

SteveP.

Reply to
Highland Pairos

Are plans for a round stick in the works?

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I can't seem to find what appears to be the "white" wood in the plans. Do you have plans for any other types of wood?

SWMBO has been after me to make one of these to put in her garden so's she can put her little signs up -- I'm trying to decide if I want to modify the original "right pointing" diagram into something that is "down pointing", or just wait for the plans to come out. I'm thinking it might be easier to just wait, cause hopefully by then I'll be able to justify a new tool purchase....

-Steve in Banks, OR

Stephen Bigelow

Are there any .dwg digitized drawings for a CNC available?

Reply to
Robatoy

Tue, Mar 8, 2005, 11:39am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@accesscom.com (charlie=A0b) puts out: Not done by any means but The Pointy Stick Compendium Project is at least "off the ground". Here's the page for plans

you can get back to the Table of Content from there.

This is a joke, right? You don't show the length. You don't even say what color you're supposed to paint it. And, are there different colors for a right pointing one, and left pointing one? Suppose you want one to carry point up, or point down? What colors are they supposed to be? These plans are useless for me, I can't work from plans that leave out critical instructions.

JOAT Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
J T

I'll say!

Where's the damned cutlist? I can't do anything without a cutlist!!!

Reply to
patrick conroy

is at least "off the ground". <

If only your energies could be channeled into something useful.

Gus

Reply to
Gus

"Gus" wrote

Two comments Gus;

Learn to attribute. Then we will know who you are quoting. Without proper attributes, we can only assume that you are talking to yourself.

And I will take some good orginal humor over your grey and gloomy "usefulness" any day.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Please refer to thread "What do YOU use kerosene for?"

Reply to
San Diego Joe

Lee spewed:

"usefulness" any day. < (How's that, Lee?)

"orginal" humor? What's that? About body parts?

Here's some "original" thinking for you, Lee.

Preface such a thread with [HUM] or [HUMOR] in the subject line. Then, people looking for "grey and gloomy usefulness" have some warning.

Plus, my rejoinder was intended to be humorous, or at least light-hearted.

Gus

Reply to
Gus

That reminds me, I need new blades for my rejoinder.

Reply to
Buck Frobisher

Buck Frobisher rejoined:

I believe Norm has one of those. Its used to widen boards that have been over-machined.

Gus

Reply to
Gus

What about the chamfer on the non pointy end? What size is is supposed to be? Can someone tell me how to print the plan backwards to make a left handed pointy stick? Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

Be sure to get the sharp kind. You don't want a dull rejoinder.

Also be sure to set the blades carefully to determine how big a chunk you take out of the rejoindee on each pass. And apply the rejoinder firmly. Otherwise you're likely to get snipe.

--RC

Reply to
Rick Cook

Don't y'all be too harsh on Gus. Seems he got his sense of hoomer caught in a car door.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A-100

Oh, so you expected a thread with this title to be

*serious*... I think you're confusing it with the "Pole up my ^~~ thread.

===== Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. ===== {remove curly brackets for email}

Reply to
Chuck

And I took it as intended. You WILL be hearing from my psychiatrist. The Pointy Stick Compendium Project is therapeutic - and it gives me an excuse to put off dealing with knife hinges on a coopered door cabinet.

BTW - contributions of original pointy stick designs are beginning to pour in. OK so I've only received one drawing so far. But it was a Tom Plamann original - Mahogany Turned Column with Fluting Pointy Stick - very high end stuff - as expected.

Have also put up some In The Style Of pointy sticks for your perusal. (watch the line wrap)

Have to have something wood related to do 'til my head and chest clear up. This idea is a lot of fun.

charlie b

PS - JOAT - I did have dimensions on the plans but figured some folks would have trouble converting from cubits. I know you wouldn't 'cause you worked with cubits during your Tikki making days.

Reply to
charlie b

Man, what a bunch of whiners! Here somebody goes to all the trouble of compiling all this useful information and you're asking for basics and nits? Go to the leebrary and get yourself a book on basics of pointy-stick making, then the plans will be crystal clear.

:-)

Mark & Juanita

Wed, Mar 9, 2005, 7:43pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@accesscom.com (charlie=A0b) says: =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0PS - JOAT - I did have dimensions on the plans but figured some folks would have trouble converting from cubits. I know you wouldn't 'cause you worked with cubits during your Tikki making days.

The Hell you say. I'm painting my pointy damn stick yellow, so there.