The Mother of All Pointy Sticks

Saw this in the latest offering from Lee Valley. Had to share.

John Thomas

Apparently pointy sticks are difficult to make. The site says the stock delivered was unacceptable. They must not have had the approved rec.woodworking plans.

-Jim

Reply to
Jim Vidler

Not quite enough for around here...

Robin should think twice about selling these _period_. The potential for law suits is astounding. The perfect retroactive birth control.

In my generation, it was the rolling egg - an orange plastic contraption you climbed into and held on for dear life as your friends rolled you down a steep hill. If you weren't thrown free and impaled by a pointy stick, the leg and arm fractures would cripple you.

But I'll take 4 sets of these pointy sticks, extra sharp...

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Lawn Darts...

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

What for? ...Birth control?

Reply to
AAvK

You'll put your eye out with that thing!

Reply to
kkfitzge

Wed, Nov 16, 2005, 8:42pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@intel.com (John=A0Thomas) does posteth: Saw this in the latest offering from Lee Valley. Had to share.

But what about plans?

JOAT Just pretend I'm not here. That's what I'm doing.

Reply to
J T

No, for poking at people in the wreck. ;-)

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

You'll putcher eye out!

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Remember jarts?

Reply to
Modat22

Jeeeeez , you just gotta think that this was a product liability suite in the making. I'm thinking LeeValley may have thought that also.

Reply to
Leon

Oh my gods - that girl is TINY!

Reply to
Gordon Airporte

Lawn darts were a game???? I just threw them up as high as I could and run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brian :-)>

Reply to
Brian In Hampton

The mother of all potential lawsuits was that stupid balancing board set atop a can laid on its side. No telling how many Christmas morning were ruined by that thing......

jc

Reply to
noonenparticular

Not to try to one-up Lee Valley, but I think THESE are The Mother of All Pointy Sticks:

Roy

Is that a teepee pole in your pocket or...

aw never mind...

Reply to
dongray

I never used the word "game"

Just "lawn darts"

;-)

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

No point that I can see. MOA dowels, maybe...

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

True but I was hinting that pick up sticks were a game...............

Reply to
Brian In Hampton

"Brian In Hampton" wrote

I can do ya one better than that.

I have a brother who was one of those reckless, crazy guys who flirted with death many times in his life and rarely got hurt. I on the other hand, if I don't super observe every possible safety rule, gets hurt easily.

When he was about 14, got together with another crazy guy in the general area and found some old, leaking dynamite at an old logging camp. They picked it up and drove it home in the back of a pickup. Took it out in a field in back of the house and blew some holes in the ground near some big rocks.

The they proceeded to put some dynamite in the hole and roll big rocks onto the top of the charges. They would then blow up the dynamite and run around to avoid the rocks as they fell down from the sky. As they continued doing this, the rocks broke up and became smaller and smaller. Which meant that they would be harder to see.

And all he got from this was a few small bruises. And no blows to the head. And he thought it was great fun.

Reply to
Lee Michaels