Bonsai Stands Project - put up some pages on it.

I'm making my oldest son some stands to put his new bonsai "trees" on. They're basically tables - legs, apron, bottom stretchers and a top. I posted some stuff about the process of making them earlier, but without text AND illustrations, it's hard to convey some things about the process.
If you're a "wing it" woodworker this project approach should be very familiar. If you're a newbie, here's some of the process - not only the "how" but also the "why". It is possible to just jump in and have the piece evolve as you make it. PLANS! I DON'T NEED NO STEENKIN' PLANS!
http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/BonsaiStands/BonsaiStands1.html
One of these stands is almost done, the second is glued and clamped at the moment and two of the coved "frames" for between the top of the apron and the bottom of the top are done and waiting to be glued to the table base.
As always, comments, suggestions, constructive criticism are always appreciated.
charlie b

Nice work.
In one of the Taunton books about framework, there's a Yuan Chen (sp?) roughly similar to what you've built. One feature from there you might add would be to use tiny spacers between the frame and the top. It sorta makes the top look as if it's floating just a bit (1/2"?) above the frame. That same article also explains the triple miter used at the corners.