Table saws with a riving knife???

Ok, does anyone know which hybrids and 3hp cabinet saws are currently being sold in the US with a riving knife? Does anyone have any information on when in 2008 manufacturers plan on releasing riving knife saws?

Thanks!!! Jeff

Reply to
JJ

I know both the Sawstop and the PM2000 use a riving knife

Reply to
brandom11

IIRC the latest Jet hybrid has that feature.

Reply to
Leon

What's a riving knife?

Reply to
GrayFox

Google is your friend.

eclipsme

Grizzly 2008 catalog just came in the mail. They used to have riving knife on one of their 12 in cabinet saw, but they now have a 10 in cabinet saw model (G0651) with riving knife.

Paine.

Reply to
Tyke

second picture on this page

the saw kerf open behind the cut - reducing one source of "kickback". Set close to the rear of the top quarter of the blade it stays close regardless of the depth of cut. "Splitters" on most US market saws are less and less effective the shallower the cut because they'er only close to saw teeth at maximum depth of cut. (see last illustration on this page
equivalent to our OSHA has required riving knives on all table saws for years. About time US market saws had them.

charlie b

Reply to
charlieb

BTW - Festools Plunge Circular Saws are the only handheld circular saws I know of that have a riving knife. Seems like handhelf sawing could use a riving knife.

US woodworking machine manufacturers are so far behind the Europeans.

charlie b

Reply to
charlieb

JJ wrote in news:fd50ca54-1841-4eea-985d- snipped-for-privacy@l1g2000hsa.googlegroups.com: