Table Saw Alignment

Specifically a International General 50-185.....but any info will help.

I believe that the back of the blade is closer to the miter slot than the front of the blade. I have ordered the "TS-Aligner lite".....next month I will order the upgrade for alignment tool....Geeee - its been

3 weeks since I put the order in - O'well.

Questions: If I have to tap the trunnions....where abouts would I tap it with the wooden block and mallet - safely so I wouldn't have a chance to crack the castings?

If I have only shift one end over slightly.....do I just loosen the bolts on that end.....or do I also slightly loosen the trunnion bolts on the front end?

Sure wish the manufactures put this information on such procedures in their operating manuals that come with the equipment..

Thank you

Rod Upfold

Reply to
Rod Upfold

Ron, I have the same saw. First thing I did was to change as many screws as possible to 5/18-18 hex head caps with a 1/2" head. Yes, loosen all the screws holding the trunnion but keep them snug. I used a nylon hammer to tap over either end of the trunnion. A wood mallot would do also. Check allignment of the blade at the top of blade travel but off the stop some. Then, check with blade lowered. Both positions should be the same. If not, then you need an arbor bracket that has been machined properly. OK to e-mail me about this. Good Luck,

Reply to
klaatu

This should be similar to your situation.

Reply to
Preston Andreas

I have a unisaw and use a totally different procedure The unisaw trunnion is housed in the base .

All I do is to loosen the bolts a little that hold the top to the base at the four corners, and using any allignment tool [in my case a simple dial gauge on a base] tap one corner of the top lightly until the top is perfectly alligned to the blade...mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide