ancient saw alignment

I have watched various alignment videos about how to align your table saw blade to the miter slot. I have a gauge and see that the blade is off by 25/1000 of an inch. The videos say that you loosen the bolts that hold the table to the base and whack it with a rubber mallet to align it. I tried this but it turns out my walker turner 2221 (~1950) table saw has a 4 other inaccessible bolts holding the chassis to the table. Does anyone have any clues about how this beast might be adjusted? It weighs 400 pounds, I can't believe I have to flip it to do this.

I'm a novice (read fool) and probably should have passed on buying this thing, but at $250 it seemed like a reasonable deal since it runs good and has a good surface and a flat fence.

Does anyone have any opinions about .25 inch? maybe I can just fagetdabodit and make something,

sibosop

Sorry. I meant .025 inch

Reply to
sibosop

Needs fixing. So does 0.025.

Reply to
dadiOH

Go to OWWM.org Join the forum and ask there. More likely to get a workable answer there.

Reply to
phil

Well, those 4 inaccessible bolts must be accessable, some one put them in....;~). It may be time to upgrade your tools. You may have to reach them with longer extensions or a crow foot on an extension. I do agree with not tilting unless absolutely necessary. That would only increase the difficulty in adjusting the top especially when you are looking for less than .005" from the front to the back of the blade tooth location. Remember to measure using the "SAME" tooth, rotate the blade to relocate the tooth for measurements. Remember the closer to dead-on perfect will be rewarding as any other problems will amplify from this point.

Not a fool, just inexperienced with this saw as I would be on that particular saw.

Reply to
Leon

I agree with Phil. If you ask over on OWWM.org (it's free) someone there can probably give a quick answer. Also over on the .com site (OWWM.com... it's free too) there are some Walker Turner manuals and diagrams. About a dozen or so are for different WT table saw models.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

Yep. Owwm came through (complete with the part numbers). Truly amazing folks. Not to imply that the folks here are any slackers... b

Reply to
sibosop

snipped-for-privacy@a32g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...

And once you've done that, tilt the blade (or table, in some cases) and see if it's still in line. Some contractor type saws have the trunnions out of line so that it can line up at 90 but not at 45. If that's the case you'll have to shim the trunnions to fix it.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard