Re: Another SWMBO Gloat!

Good looks - caring - giving - knows what to get you and what you want . . . you don't suck - you have a natural vacuum! LOL!

Congrats on the haul (and for probably having one of the greatest women in the world standing by you!) That's even better than the haul!

Jim Mc Namara

Around lunch time today I responded to a "Honey, I just backed into the > driveway ...will you help me unload the back of my van?" phone call from > SWMBO. > > Looking out the window, I couldn't figure out why she backed up almost to > the shop door ... but hell, I've learned the whys and wherefores of female > logic down through the years and wisely kept my mouth shut. > > Suspecting nothing, I walked out to help, and here's what we unloaded ... > directly into my shop: > > An almost brand new BOSS sander, w/stand and all the accessories; a spare > drill press table (fits my drill press too, hot damn!); two large cardboard > boxes full to the top of exotic wood blanks of assorted size (invoices in > the two boxes total more than $400), a shrink wrapped, 8"X 6' 6/4 plank of > what looks like zircote; 4 large turning blanks of various exotic woods; a 4 > X 4 X 12" chunk of ebony; 20 bf of walnut; a flexible gizmo that, when > hooked to your air compressor hose, directs a constant stream of air > anywhere you want; and a couple of dozen bandsaw table inserts (fit my > bandsaw precisely!). > > The goods comprise my B'day present, which is later this week. She admitted > to spending less than $200 for the lot at the sale of a business belonging > to a friend of hers. > > No, there were no other tools and/or wood, and Yep ... she's got a sister > (former Mrs. Arkansas) who's already taken (and a lot higher maintenance > from what I can tell). Mine's just as pretty and somehow always > instinctively zeros in on the right goods ... I'll hold onto what I've got. > > -- >
> Last update: 8/16/03 > >
Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

You sucketh greatly!

FWIW- Your thought shouldn't be that you will keep what you have in your SWMBO, but that by bragging you could potentially endanger *her willingness to keep you*. Some smooth talking, good looking, woodbutcher may just swoop in and sweep her off her feet! Sometimes good things are best kept under our baskets.

;)

Myx

Reply to
Myxylplyk

What are you smoking? A "smooth talking, good looking, woodbutcher"? That's as rare as the Abominable Snowman, and "Caring, Honest Politician" all rolled up in one. Even our "best" examples on the boob-tube have to be viewed with a kinda sideways squint to be passable to the public eye! *LOL*

Swingman, I'd say you're pretty safe!......and you certainly suck!

Digger

Reply to
Digger

Happy U-Suck-ing-ly Birthday.

-- Tim

-------- See my page @

(seriously needs updating)

Reply to
Tim V

I checked out your website. To heck with the pictures of the shop; I want to see a picture of your wife. You can show the new tools too if you want.

Reply to
Preston Andreas

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:00:26 GMT, "Swingman" pixelated:

Congrats, Swingy. That's a nice set of birfday presents.

I got to go to/hike around Alaska a couple weeks ago for the 50th anniversary of my hatching.

- Ever wonder what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag? -

Full Service Web Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Can she cook?

Reply to
rllipham

Ahhh ... you hit a sore spot. We've been working on it ... for the past 18 years. SWMBO is from Arkansas where no condiments or educational materials are allowed to cross the border, particularly from the south ... for a long time she thought salt and pepper was a hair color.

Reply to
Swingman

But does she have a brother ?!?!

Renata

Reply to
Renata

Damn - you had me thinking for a minute ....... ! LOL!

jummy

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

Least she doesn't have blue hair. Mine does. Literally. Damn paint never has come out of it.

As to the OP though, this is beyond gloat. This crosses the line into territory that should just flat out be illegal. Even if she weighs 780 pounds and has perpetual, noxious flatulence you got yourself a winner.

Reply to
Silvan

ROTFLMAO! Of course - she who uses Minwax! :-)

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara