New Bosch 4412 SCMS/SWMBO Gloat!

Folks -

Well, we were in Friedman Bros Hardware and they were having a 1 day 20% off sale... I've been itchy and bitchy since my DeWalt 708 got ripped off last year and SWMBO says that I could get either the Bosch 4412 or replace my DeWalt as an early Christmas present.... Well, as you can imagine, I was all over that like white on rice... I picked up the new Bosch 4412 12" SCMS because of the front controls. I have read posts (Amazon) about possible loose arbor bearings, but my earlier inquiries to Bosch (I do LOTS of research before I pick a tool) said that it was VERY isolated and long since corrected. I also spoke with the district sales manager for Bosch and he said out of the 350+ saws he sold through May, only two had any trouble and everything currently for sale is okay.

Anyway, after we got the saw, SWMBO asked if I didn't need a Forrest Sawblade "Like the good one on your tablesaw?".... and that that SHOULD be part of the package. And if you're wondering, no, she doesn't have any available sisters...

God bless her..... I expect I'll have her up to her ass in compound angle planter boxes way before spring...

A full report on the saw after I go set it up and make some sawdust...

John Moorhead

Reply to
john moorhead

Ok,,, skip the sister thang.....Are y'all adopting? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Congrats John on the new saw. I've had one for several months, and I'm still thrilled with its performance. If you were checking Amazon's user reviews, you probably came across my thoughts on the 4412; I stand by every word - it's a great machine.

You'll probably want to mount it on something, and, if you want portability, I'd recommend the stand RIDGID sells. The Bosch saw and RIDGID stand make an unbeatable combination.

Enjoy.

Rob

Reply to
Specter