Underground sprinkler and liquid fertilizer

Kind of a different question here...

First of all , our home has underground sprinklers on about 1 acre of grass. In order for the pump to keep up to the water demand when they are on the sprinklers are on a manifold system.

My question is this.. is there a way a person could attach a tank to the underground sprinkler line and then fill it with liquid fertilizer so it sprayed a combination of water and fertilizer? Is there a gadget that has been invented to do this? Saves me having to wander around the yard with a broadcaster every year. Thanks for any suggestions.... Jim

Reply to
Jim & Lil

Yes, there is a tank that hitches into your irrigation system. I looked at info on them 3-4 years ago. Believe Toro makes one, but I'd bet most of the companies that produce irrigation stuff also have these. Probably best to look under the professional side of the product lines. An acre is big when you're trotting behind a lawn spreader :o) I don't know what a manifold is, so I hope that doesn't make the reply irrelevant :o) You only do it once a year? Florida, "medium maintenance", is 3 times per year for our St. Augustine "grass".

Reply to
RamblinOn

Jim,

I hope that when you checked into the new system that someone cautioned you about a vacuum breaker for the chemical feed-in. Trust me - the last thing you want is to have those chemicals siphoning back into your water system (and it's done quite frequently without one.)

Jim Mc Namara

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

Also interested in such a product. Do you have a brand name/contact?

Thanks

Reply to
edee em

..

Here is a place that sells them and other good irrigation stuff

Dave.

Reply to
Dave Mitton