Jet Cont. Saw Alignment Help

Does anyone have any advice for me on a problem I am having aligning my Jet contractor's table saw? First, I loosened three of the trunnion bolts and tried to get the blade in line with the miter slot. No luck. So, I decided to loosen all of the bolts and 'start from scratch'. No matter what I do now, the rear of the blade remains closer to the slot than the front by .16". I'm at a loss for what to do. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Reply to
CC

Aligning a contractor saw is generally a pain in the kiester. Go slow, take your time, plan on fiddling it a lot before it's right.

There's a podcast on table saw tuneups at

that you might find helpful.

Also

you're willing to spend 20 bucks to simplify your life a set of these
should help. Make sure you get the right ones.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Assuming that you have enough clearance in the trunnion brackets to get it aligned, are you using fresh washers or washerfaced screws? Oft times using the old ones will just "memory" you back to where you were.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Great sites! I'll get back to tinkering this evening.

Thank you!

J. Clarke wrote:

CC

Ahhhhhh, good idea. I hadn't thought of that. I'll give it a shot.

Thank you!

Frank Boettcher wrote:

Reply to
CC

It may or may not be rare. I helped a man with his saw and we ended up having to drill the trunnion holes larger to get enough movement to be parallel. Never reuse existing washers, remove and replace with fresh washers as the originals often have a warp or denting that nestles right back to the old setting.

Reply to
DanG