Jet Contractor Saw problem

I was wondering if someone can help me. I have a contractor saw, and it has gone out of alignment. As I'm ripping a board, the back side of the blade is closer to the fence than the front, so its pressing on the board quite hard, making it hard to push the board through. I'd say the back of the blade off by 1/16" towards the fence.

I looked in the manual, but didnt see how to adjust for this! Can anyone give me an idea what to adjust?!

Reply to
spammy

Mine has bolt heads on top of the fence that you loosen to adjust the fence.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

NP, just get a taper jig and adjust it to correct the fence offset. Either that or adjust the fence. Be sure to push "start" button when you want to cut something. And don't slide your guide hand into the saw blade after depressing "start".

-- dadiOH ____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

The Xacta Fence on my Jet Contractor saw has two set screws on the inside face of the clamping mechanism which are used to adjust the fence so it's parallel to the blade. By inside face, I mean the piece that fits betwen the rail and the saw. To access them you have to take the fence off, or at least lift the front section. I'm not sure what the standard fence has, but would assume it's similar.

Ron

Reply to
Ron Kolakowski

You don't say what is out of alignment. If it's the fence adjust it accordingly to your specific fence by lining it up to the miter slot. Then slide the fence to the blade and see if that is out of alignment. If it is you have to loosen the bolts at the rear of the triunion and one in front and adjust the blade to line up with the fence.

The easiest way to align your miter gage with the miter slot is to put a

3/4" board in the miter slot and push the fence up against it and adjust the screws so it stays put front and back. Then use the fence to align the blade. Don't forget to align the splitter as that may also be your problem.

Tim

Reply to
TDUP

Yeah, isn't that a pain? I replaced the set screws on mine with standard hex-head bolts. Now I can adjust the fence in place, with an open-end wrench.

Doug Miller

Thanks for the replies guys. I didnt think to check the fence so I jsut did and it is perfectly alighned with the miter slots, so I dont think that is out of alignment. I suppose I could align it to the blade, but that will throw off my cuts too.

Is there an adjustment for the entire blade assembly?

I am using the 6" rails and exacta fence. My table is extended a few feet to the right.

Reply to
spammy

Sounds like the blade is not parallel to the miter slots. No idea on yours but my grizzly has 4 bolts under the corners of the table. You adjust the top so its square to the blade. You do not adjust the blade.

Reply to
No

Be careful when attempting to align the blade (trunion) to the miter slot. It's best to barely loosen the trunion bolts, and to leave one of the front ones fairly snug. Use a block of wood and hammer to tap on the rear of the trunion to "nudge" it into alignment. The trunion has a tendency to shift as the bolts are re-tightened, and the whole porcess can get a bit frustrating. I'd recommend doing a google search on contractor saw alignment - there's lot's of good info available that will make things a lot easier.

Ron

Reply to
Ron Kolakowski

Ahh, ok that makes sense... alight the table top! Of course! Thanks guys, I'll give it a try.

Reply to
spammy